Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Mar 2012

need help with weight loss plan

OK so here is my situation. Im 25 years old and all my life I have been super active my whole life. I raced motocross from the time I was 10 years old and my jobs have always been up and on your feet warehouse/factory type jobs but last summer I got a job in the parts dept at a Subaru dealer and my position is mainly a desk job. Well from then till now I have gained almost 25 pounds and I'm having a hard time staying active after work and losing the weight again.

My question is what foods should I be eating and stuff like that? I never had to worry about what I ate before because I was always so active but this job has killed that plan I currently am doing those insanity workouts you see on TV and biking a good 5 mile mountain loop a few nights a week along with motocross riding at least 2 nights a week but the lack of activity during the day is whats killing me. Is there any kinds of supplements or anything that will help burn calories or anything like that while Im at work??

Any input or suggestions will be appreciated

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    The only way to burn calories is to burn them. Supplements won't help you significantly more than simply working out or just eating less.

Eat your meals/snacks spaced out over the course of 3 hours or so (for a total of 6 food intakes) and only eat 250-300 calories in a sitting. That will help you lose weight gradually, and then when you hit your target weight, add back in the calories you need to function in a day. Without going to a dietician, though, you will have to keep track of your calorie intake related to weight gain/loss yourself to figure out what your target is. I can guarantee you that if you cut out sweets/sodas on a daily basis, you will lose 5-10 pounds right there.

One thing that a lot of people will miss too, is the effect that drinking enough water can have on their body. Without sufficient water, you will retain fluid and have difficulty losing weight. Don't go overboard with water (there is such a thing as too much, but again, it varies person to person) but if your urine is not clear/light you should probably drink some more.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Just ride and avoid soda and beer. I know, the beer part might be hard!

One Gear
    Ride or Mx every day. Increase the mileage every week. Work up to 2 hours of riding at a session.

Focus on quality foods all day. No soda or crap from the vending machine. Nix the beer/booze and dessert as well. The meals/snack advice above works well for me too.

I lost 60 pounds by cutting the junk out, eating smart and riding 5 days a week. Loosing 25 should be easier.

Good luck

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Well I dont really drink beer ever so cutting that out would be no problem at all. And I'm doing my best to ride as much as I can but the trails I go to are about 20 miles out of my way in the opposite direction from home so that gets tough to ride everyday. Im working on some trails at a friends house that owns about 50 acres of wooded property but the weather has been killing that plan.

basically what you guys are saying is cut out the crap junk food (which I really dont eat much of anyway) and get off my ass and be more active? hahah, I think I can handle that.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Yep. Only secret to weight loss is calories in < calories out. Anyone who tries to sell you otherwise is scamming you.

gran jefe
    Nov 2011
    if you need a simple rule, lay off the carbs. no sodas, potatoes, or flour.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wschruba View Post
    Yep. Only secret to weight loss is calories in < calories out. Anyone who tries to sell you otherwise is scamming you.
    That's not what the guy yelling on the infomercial said

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I am a firm believer in no processed foods. You would be amazed at how much sugar and other crap there is in everything processed. That means you have to cook. Replace anything prepackaged with home made, that means any sauces, dressing and premade foods. all of this can be made at home. Then replace everything white with whole grain, white rice, pasta and bread are your enemy for weight loss.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Start simple - I started my plan year before last by simply not putting a couple teaspoons of sugar in my coffee...then started reducing extra sugary stuff.

Try to switch to lean proteins, eat small meals and most importantly EAT BREAKFAST! i never used to eat breakfast - the thought of eating in the morning made me want to puke! Now as my body has changed i wake up hungry - i have a protein shake every morning - gets the metabolism going and sets the stage for fat burning.

Phase out refined\processed foods - start swapping whole grain breads\pastas if you have to eat pasta. I cannot agree more with the poster above - get rid of prepackaged junk! eat more fruits & veggies. I replaced a lot of my meat intake with Quinoa and lentils and beans.

And realistically it takes time - if you dump more than a couple pounds a week it will be unsustainable and won't work - losing 1-2 pounds a week is a realistic goal that can be achieved succcessfully

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    if you have cravings for sugar and starchy food (like I used to have), I recommend you read the South Beach diet book.

My doc recommended this to me 1.5 years ago; I lost 40lb and feel great. The gist of it is zero sugar and simple carbs...eat lots of vegetables, fiber, & lean meat frequently throughout the day (never get hungry). After you reach your goal, it gets more permissive, but at no point are things like sugar, bakery or beer allowed.

Once you break that insulin rollercoaster, it's so much easier to eat the right stuff and maintain your proper weight.
    whatever...

mtbr member
    On the alternative side of things, you can look into "Intermediate Fasting". It's not going days without food, but rather in my case I have an 8hr window each day to eat, while my body "fasts" for 16hrs. It has been shown to promote fat loss without losing muscle while you work out. It's just something else to look into, as the 5 - 6 small meals a day isn't for everyone. There's a book you can check out called Eat, Stop Eat for a more in depth look at this topic.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Be prepared for it to take a while to lose 25lbs. At least 6 months of heavy sweating! I've lost significant weight with running and cycling. Didn't lose a pound inside a gym because it just wasn't fun for me to stare at myself get red-faced and vascular. It is much more fun to push yourself over dirt/pavement and get lost in the thoughts in your self reflection.

You say your're working out after work only? If so, try waking up super early and riding or running before work. Doing this might "force" you make necessary changes to the lifestyle that caused weight gain. If you know you want to be up at 5:30 to get in a cool morning ride, then you won't be as inclined to hit the bars or watch late night tv.

Cheers

mtbr member
    May 2012
    A fit dude one told me "Its 80% what you eat, and 20% what you do"

I've lost 50 lbs since October by counting calories (logging foods) and maintaining 1500 cals a day, per a nutritionist. When you have a budget of how much you can eat, you will carefully avoid crap like the people above mentioned, sugars, white breads, etc. This crap does not make you feel full either, and generally makes you hungrier later. It's a vicious cycle.

I just started biking about a month ago, rebounding from a ruptured achilles with surgery in January. Even when I was laid up, I lost weight nicely.

In the past, I tried working out harder by walking or running and still eating crap, it did not go well for me. Good luck! Like someone mentioned in other threads (myself included), some of the biking apps and websites can track your foods/diet for you now. I use fatsecret for that purpose, and as a weight loss community, but now I am finding I may be able to do that here. :-)

mtbr member
    I found myself turning 35 last year, heavier than I had ever been in my entire life. July came, I was riding plenty, but wasn't really losing weight. I wasn't drinking soda, and thought I was eating well, but I didn't make progress on losing weight until I did this:

1) Tried to work in a LOT more fruits and vegetables.
    2) Tried to drink water more often than anything else.
    3) Started tracking my calories.

#3 was the most important. You can run into two problems if you don't. Obviously, you don't want to eat too many calories in a day, but you also don't want to take in too few. You want to take in fewer than what's necessary to maintain your weight, but if you have too much of a deficit, your body will start trying to retain everything because it will think you're in a famine.

If you have a smartphone, getting a calorie counting application, and using it religiously can REALLY help. It did for me. By October of last year, I had lost 20 pounds, and I've taken off 5 pounds since then. Now I'm in a normal BMI range and am feeling a lot better.

Good luck!

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    All of the above and cut out one crappy thing you eat on a regular basis. I cut out chocolate chip cookies and changed from whole milk to 1% milk in my coffee. I was 5 lbs lighter at yesterday's doctor visit than I was 3 months ago. My friends argued against the fact that it was the cookies and milk substitute but the math works. Eliminating cookies & substituting milk saved 209 calories per day. 209 x 3 months = 18,800 calories not consumed. They say you have to reduce caloric intake by 3500 calories to lose 1 lb. 3500 x 5 lbs = 17,500 calories which roughly equals the number of calories I reduced. Great news is that I don't have to give up red wine or chocolate - the cookies and milk did the trick!!!

mtbr member
    I've followed keto style diets incorporating refeeds for the past year and have dropped 100 pounds, and gained strength, it's worked for me. I feel like crap when I eat processed carbs and junk, when I feed myself clean foods, it makes all the difference, obviously.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by .40AET View Post
    Ride or Mx every day. Increase the mileage every week. Work up to 2 hours of riding at a session.

Focus on quality foods all day. No soda or crap from the vending machine. Nix the beer/booze and dessert as well. The meals/snack advice above works well for me too.

I lost 60 pounds by cutting the junk out, eating smart and riding 5 days a week. Loosing 25 should be easier.

Good luck
    x2
    +
    This is great advice, moved to Boulder for the summer and just cut out the suger snacks and upped the miles, pounds are going now. Don't "not eat" as this will slow down your weight loss.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Lots of good advice above. I also track my diet (and activity) with a great app. My Fitness Pal.
    Check it out.

Ride,Smile, Pedal Damn it

this may help

I'd like to loose 10-15lbs.
    I watch what i eat. i drink at night 2-3 beers.
    I ride once or twice a week. Its all the time i had for a ride.
    Found out that a run will burn 2-3 times the calories as biking.
    Now that means a 35 min run is same as a 1 1/2 bike ride. ( ballpark ).
    So, i'm riding my 1 1/2 -2 hours twice a week and running about 4 times a week.
    I'll make my weight
    Also, i tried running last year on paved path/ street. i couldn't do it. i was bored or something. This years i tried running on bike trails. It made a world of difference.
    I run for 35-40 min now (after a week), i feel like i could go more.
    In a nut shell, sneak in a run (rides are sometimes hard to fit in).
    Run in woods.
    Haven't stepped on a scale, but: my runs are faster
    i feel better doing it
    slowly getting to bed earlier
    last time on bike, i kicked my riding buddies arse by 5 min.

banned
    Apr 2009
    I am a firm believer in no processed foods
    Exactly!! ALSO EAT ORGANIC FOOD (or as close to it as possible)---its the Pesticides that mess up hormones and get you Fat (in my opinion.) Also small meals (high protein) and only REAL Carbs first thing in the morning. ALSO Drink a Gallon of H2O a day (and cut out soda's and sugar)--and all white colored food (bread, starches)----NOW I do eat Oatmeal (Steel cut organic for breakfast Monday to Thursday)---Friday to Sunday is Organic eggs for breakfast (that gives me some carbs during the week which I feel I need for work and school)---Then I eat Meat and Veggies for Lunch and Dinner (all Organic veggies.)--I joined a whosale club and get turkey burgers, chicken, salmon , Bison meat (buffalo) that is 'as close to organic as possible'--but the meat is just Natural--that is a lot cheaper then buying Organic meat at this time (again I am going back to school and need to save money now)----

Try that and see how much weight you lose (I even cut out alll dairy at home) no milk or cheese (I drink High protein Almond Milk)----and you need a multivitamin and Omega 3's-----(Not Fish Oil)-- Only Omega 3's-----that is what I have been telling people for years (though I used to cheat more in the past than I do now) with occasional 5 Guys Burgers and Pizza and Wings and Chinese (and a beer with wings)--------that keeps me sane (when I go out with folks)-----

Also you only take a multivitamin during the week (dont oversaturate your cells)--make your body do the work on the weekends.. Try It (I know it works like Crazy!!)---

p.s. Ignore the Crazy syntax (I am up very late with jobs and school) so I am very tired now (just triyng to make my point)--- and I have never done a spellcheck..

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I'm facing same problem and someone suggest me cycling. This thread is helpful for me.

mtbr member
    Another great diet to look into for cutting out processed foods and "bad" foods is the Paleo Diet. My mom turned me onto it. She cooks by those standards regularly and goes to aerobics style classes 3 times a week and has lost like 25 lbs and 10 inches in the last year. And she is able to sustain it. The recipes are great although they are a little time consuming. The good thing about them is that they are usually large recipes so you can cook several meals at a time. Like making breakfast egg muffins on Sunday and they last the whole week. Check it out.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by gcfowler View Post
    Don't "not eat" as this will slow down your weight loss.
    Pay careful attention to the bolded. Cycling attracts people with body issues because it can make one so skinny.

There are many variations of the "not eating" with the bottom line being you don't want to spend your day being hungry and managing being hungry while trying to work/live.

Calorie counting with Weight Watchers worked for me if you don't have a nutritionist. I don't go for the manufactured foods either. I worked in the industry and it is mostly some combination of fillers/sweeteners/sodium.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Paleo and ride....

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Lot's of great diet advice here already so I'll just add that sometimes you have to get creative with adding exercise if you feel too busy. Look at how much you drive, where do you drive to, and how far is the drive? Could you replace any of that drive time with cycling/walking?

How far away is your grocery store? Could you throw on a backpack and walk there and carry your food home? Or throw panniers/bags on your bike and ride there? Could you commute to work by bike?

I've been living car free in Europe for the last two years and it has really made me think about how much driving I used to do in the states. Here I walk and carry my groceries home, most days I commute by bike, or sometimes I take the bus to work and run home. I've dropped about 25 lbs living here and I didn't consider myself out of shape before moving here (went from ~175 to ~150 lbs). My way of life and transportation here would be considered abnormal to most people in the States, but here it's just what people do; we walk to stores, the bus stop, to restaurants, everywhere and guess what, there are far fewer fat people.

So get creative: go do push-ups, hindu squats, or lunges on work breaks. Squeeze in a 15 minute run at lunch. Ride your bike to do errands.

As a side note, I've noticed that I do not miss sitting in a car one bit not to mention not spending a cent directly on gas (yes I know that taking public transport is paying for fuel) in two years has saved I don't know how much money.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I know few people who struggled with their weight and even health. They joined Isagenix and started transforming their health. Check it out... This is something that will help you lose few pounds and make you some cash.

Isagenix International
    Drewski

“The Beatings will Continue Until Morale Improves”

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    deleted
    whatever...

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by drewski View Post
    I know few people who struggled with their weight and even health. They joined Isagenix and started transforming their health. Check it out... This is something that will help you lose few pounds and make you some cash.

Isagenix International
    Good god, people are still falling for multi-level marketing scams

It's like telling a girl who wants to be beautiful that she should start selling Mary Kay sh!t.

Wait for me!
    Quote Originally Posted by prepsheriff View Post
    Paleo and ride....
    This, I've been paleo for over a month and I'm feeling great. I wasn't fat, just a little soggy. Now I'm getting lean, about 8 pounds down.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I myself weighed 175lb at 5'5" and am only 23. Like you I was active all my life with outdoor sports. My job isn't a desk job, actually its physically demanding, but when I was staying with family (and not buying the groceries) thats when I was at my max.

Now I'm down to 145lb in a matter of 4 months. I bike close to 100 miles a week (14 miles daily to and from work) and now with buying my own groceries I keep track of what I eat. Like the above posters have suggested stick with small/light snacks every 3 or so hours. Cut the beer and soda out. And try to drink nothing but ice water. Well the ice water helps me, its 108 here in Vegas =). Not only is that good for you but the cold water helps speed up your metabolism supposedly.

I have no specific diet. Just oatmeal in morning, granola or celery for snacks, and lots of salad and protein. Also Mens One a Day tablets have helped for lack of vitamin deficiency.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I've done it, but it requires a permanent lifestyle change. Get a calorie counting app on your phone and log everything. You might be surprised at your calorie intake. Run, ride and lift weights. Do something every day for at least 45 minutes.

mtbr member
    I'm 25, 165 pounds.

I cut way down on the beer, run about 3.5 miles (or 45 minutes, whichever I feel like doing that day) 3, sometimes 4 days a week, spend like an hour doing weights on the days I run, and started biking for at least 30 minutes on each night I don't run. I take vitamin A and vitamin D. I haven't lost much weight but I have gained muscle.

3, maybe even 4 meals a day would be good. small portions, chicken/fish and vegetables. and then eat whatever on the weekends.

throw some weights in there. also, look up some anaerobic exercises to incorporate in there. those high intensity ones help a lot, I hear.

best wishes.

meow.

Life Is Short
    I'm with BILL IN HOUSTON, cut out/lower carbs.
    --no beer, wine, breads, chips, spaghetti, pizza, pies, cakes, ice cream, etc
    --eat veggies, steamed, raw or cooked
    --no sugared sodas, orange juice, other juices, red bull, Snickers, etc
    --eat plenty of fruit---bananas, oranges, apples, peaches, raisins, etc
    ---run 5 miles twice a week, bike the off days. I do the run sun/wed
    --eat chicken (not fried) some red meat, forgo pork products if you can
    ---sparkling water with lemon or lime is a good treat instead of beer or wine
    ---one diet soda a day is OK, too may raises caffeine and salt
    ----coffee once a week sounds good

You're going to save a lot of money by not visiting the vending machine,
    ice cream parlor, bar, pizza joints and fast food outlets. Your friends will
    like you too since you're not a drinker and not partaking on their large
    pepperoni pizza.

I lost 12 lbs since Memorial Day. My blood pressure now is 108-118, it was 135-150,
    my vision is sharper (I don't have to use reading glasses) and I feel a lot better
    than the beer drinking, pizza eating diabetic I was.

Also don't fool yourself by just riding your bike. Sure it helps but for every mile
    you run/jog you have to ride 5 miles in my book. When I ride a 12 mile road
    loop or a 10 mile mountain fireroad loop, I just don't feel the BURN you get
    running 5 miles up and down hills. The burn with the jog/run includes your butt,
    thighs, feet and arms which riding a bike doesn't constantly get. If you're not
    sweating (not from it being hot either) from your workout, then its not very strenuous.

Good luck!

PS--If you are not allergic to aspirin, take one a few hours before running.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Munnarg View Post
    On the alternative side of things, you can look into "Intermediate Fasting". It's not going days without food, but rather in my case I have an 8hr window each day to eat, while my body "fasts" for 16hrs. It has been shown to promote fat loss without losing muscle while you work out. It's just something else to look into, as the 5 - 6 small meals a day isn't for everyone. There's a book you can check out called Eat, Stop Eat for a more in depth look at this topic.

I do that too. The lean gains proctol. It seems difficult but it's not. With lean gains you eat no carbs and low fat on your rest days. You workout 2 to 3 times a week with resistant training. You under eat during rest days and over eat on work out days. You should be eating plenty of vegetables and moderate amount of fruit. I find it extremely easy when I first looked it seemed difficult. You may have to tweak your diet but give it time.
    You can eat pretty much anything you want though but you will see you will naturally want to eat fruits and vegetables with lean meats during your resting days.

leangains.com

Btw I tried the eat stop eat but I failed. I gave it a fair shot. It just wasn't suitable for me.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat View Post
    PS--If you are not allergic to aspirin, take one a few hours before running.
    what does that accomplish?

meow.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat View Post
    ----coffee once a week sounds good

yeah right! coffee every morning sounds good

Vegan on the S-Works
    Check out some of the weight loss and training vids I have on my youtube channel.

I get to SMASH in the carbs EVERY meal and stay TDF lean all year long on minimal training. Its a no brainer why.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I'll make my long-story shorter for this post. I sit on my arse all day at work. An injury has kept me from riding a lot this year but two weeks ago I got back on the bike. I weighed 203 lbs at that time.

In the AM I have a bowl of honey nut cheerios with some fruit in it. Mid morning snack is some mixed nuts or a piece of fruit. Lunch is half a turkey sub from the local sub shop with a piece of fruit or some pretzels. Afternoon snack is again mixed nuts or fruit. Water with lunch and afternoon snack. I don't do anything fancy for dinner...I just try to make sure it's vaguely healthy.

Then I ride 20 miles off road 4 or 5 days a week. No matter how hot and ****ty it is outside I get those miles. It's not a fancy plan but I've lost 10.5 lbs in the past two weeks.

Bottom line is eat small healthy meals often...and ride like the devil's chasin' ya. If you burn more than you take in you will lose weight...it's simple and consistent. Good luck.

gran jefe
    Nov 2011
    spam

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Same boat. Did very strenuous hard labor up until 2 years ago. Work a desk job now. In 2 years I've gained over 80lbs...

Never in my life did I count a calorie, never did I actually plan to work out.

Almost want to go back to physical labor so I can get work and workout done in one shot! ha

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I am counting calories but I think I may be consuming too many still. I am 5'8" and about 265. I am set at 2200 calories.

gran jefe
    Nov 2011
    good idea to count calories. 2200 is more than i have heard of in any weight loss plan.

mtbr member
    This time last year, I had the wise idea I would stand on a scale... I tipped the scale at 250 lbs... Since then I have lost a lot of weight... At my lowest point I was at 202, right now I am probably 204 and trying very hard to get under 200... but I did loose 45 + lbs... How did I do it ? 2 things... I put a stationary bike in my bedroom so I could exercise while watching tv...

but mostly it was diet... first watch this movie... it is very informative and ispirational...
    Fat Sick and Nearly Dead | a Joe Cross Film

My advice is to minimize anything non-natrual from entering you mouth... Stay away from anything that comes out of a box or can... Stay away from corn fed beef, or chicken from mass produced farms... I am not a tree hugger or an environmentalist.. I sincerely believe this type of meat makes you fat... I spent 20 days in Ecuador pigging out on their naturally raised beef and chicken and I lost 8 lbs not even trying... You can get grass fed beef or eat buffalo... even better is to eat wild game... thats the best...

Best way is to eat nothing but fruits and vegetables... Please try either making smoothies or juicing... For me that is the best and most delicious way to consume fruits and vegetables... Freeze bananas, pinapple, peachs, and strawberries... Mix Kale, spinach or other greens with these frozen fruits along with carrot juice or coconut water... It works great for me to keep the weight off...

If you do this, I assure you, it will work... Everyone in my family is either obese or morbidly obese, so fatness runs in my genes... But I was able to get down to a good weight with a lifestyle change...

mtbr member
    You should calculate your bmr, then find a reasonable calorie deficit for weight loss of 1 to 2 lbs per week and count calories to that number. Also on days when you have strenuous activity you may need to add a couple hundred calories to maintain good recovery and energy levels. I'm no scientist, just a dude who has lost over 120 lbs. I learned through personal practice, good luck.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill in Houston View Post
    if you need a simple rule, lay off the carbs. no sodas, potatoes, or flour.
    Good stuff Bill, That's a good simple rule. I like to tell people no white foods. It's a simple rule and not 100% but works. I'm not a fan of a carb free diet, especially for those that exercise or lead an active lifestyle, but avoiding white foods such as bread, pasta, even potatoes is a great way of avoiding simple carbs and substitute them with sweet potatoes and whole wheat which aren't white and are much more complex. The only good time for simple carbs is right after a workout.
    Also cycling carbs is a great trick that many find useful. Either carbs am and no to low carbs pm, or carbs for a few days and no to low carbs for a few.
    It's much easier and faster to control diet than to exercise. Since it'll take you hours to burn the calories you can eat in a few minutes.
    Round and round we go

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    So i will give my current weekday intake and see if anyone can give suggestions:
    breakfast=2 egg bakes ( egg beaters, green peppers, mushrooms, onions, ground turkey bacon, and ground up turkey breakfast sausage baked in muffin tins), and 16oz of fat free milk with 2 scoops of nesquik.

morning snack about 3 hours later= 2 whole wheat 6" tortillas with a tbsp of reduced fat pb

Lunch= 1 cup of brown Uncle Ben's rice made with water, 4-6oz chicken breast, 100calorie bag size of carrots.

afternoon snack= 1-2 nature valley sweet and salty bars

dinner= is very hard to list as it always changes and sometimes I know it is not good. (I need help on diners I know for sure)

I season everything with salt free seasons from penzeys.

I am only drinking water or the h2o fruit flavored water.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by scribble79 View Post
    if anyone can give suggestions:
    Depends on your goals and where you are with them. Are you looking for fitness gains? do you exercise and if so how much/often? How long have you been eating this?
    Round and round we go

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by scribble79 View Post
    afternoon snack= 1-2 nature valley sweet and salty bars.
    stay away from granola bars... or anything else that comes out of a box...

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I am just starting out. I started back on this diet on Monday, and am looking to loose weight, get better cardio and also increase strength. I used this diet when I was going to the gym on a every other day basis. I have a new born so my exercise routine is gone plus I am trying to save so I didn't renew my membership.

The big problem is I don't like fruits other than apples, watermelon, and cantaloupe, I do like most vegetables though. I see all these people listing fruit, and granola, and yogurt all the time for meals and such and I hate all 3 of these items.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast