Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubster View Post
    You'd probably be wrong. There's a reason why commercial kitchens use Vitamix and Blendtec almost exclusively. Not only do the last forever, have awesome customer service, but they are very powerful to boot. That's the thing...I had a cheap Oster that lasted 5+ years...still works in fact. But it is way under powered. Just because it lasts doesn't mean it's good. My Vitamix would blend my old blender into dust and keep on going without missing a beat.
    I get it and if I owned a commercial kitchen I probably would, but I don't. All I'm generally blending are things like frozen blueberries and leafy greens. Watching the Popular Mechanics video it's hard to imagine what you are claiming. The bonus, I spent the money I saved to by an omega vertical slow juicer. I use it way more than I do the blender.

mtbr member
    Originally posted by Poe4soul:
    Out of curiousity, what are the contents of your smoothies? What do you use for liquid?
    Quote Originally Posted by head gamez View Post
    My normal smoothie in the mornings (not exact measurements)...

Plain almond milk
    Coconut water
    Lots if Kale and spinach
    Frozen pineapple
    Frozen mango
    Chia seeds
    Raw quinoa
    Flax seeds
    Fresh berries
    Teaspoon of local honey
    I use some of the above, but will also add protein powder. Back in the 90's when I was working out a lot I would make recovery drinks from whey protein powder, carbohydrate powder, soy milk, some kind of fruit such as frozen mango and/or blueberries, and creatine. Now it's usually fruit, whey protein powder, and either water, nonfat milk, or almond milk.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2