mtbr member

Homemade hydration bladder drying tool.

Sorry if this idea is a repost, but I just thought of it and it works pretty well. Best of all, its pretty much free.

“You see us? We’re the people kicking your a*s. Fear us, because we will kill you, motherfu*ker,”*

-Chris Kyle

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Looks pretty simple but effective! I need to start air-ing mine out to keep it from getting funky. Nice pics too.
    Brian
    GT Dual suspenison 26, XT Clipless
    Cannondale CAAD9, Ultegra, FSA Hollow Carbon Crank, Aksium Race, Rubino Pro's

Log off and go ride!
    Jul 2003
    You just thought it up?

Been used for years, including being posted on about every biking and hiking website.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dave54 View Post
    You just thought it up?

Been used for years, including being posted on about every biking and hiking website.
    Did you read the first 7 words of my post? And yes, I just thought of it.
    “You see us? We’re the people kicking your a*s. Fear us, because we will kill you, motherfu*ker,”*

-Chris Kyle

meh
    make one to hang it by the hose port so its upside down, and use the fold out wings to hold it open...dries faster as you dont get the pockets of water that just puddle forever at the bottom
    or store it in your refrigerator and you dont ever need to dry it

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    ...dual purpose, you can hang your helmet on it when the bladders not drying!

I have used one of them to unlock my car also...
    ...you might be on to something

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NEPMTBA View Post
    ...dual purpose, you can hang your helmet on it when the bladders not drying!

I have used one of them to unlock my car also...
    ...you might be on to something
    OMG! No my friend, YOU may be on to something! I would never take credit for your ideas! Why didn't I think of that? You are a genius!

Now go lock your keys in your car again, smart ass.

-Chris Kyle

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Why so serious?

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mark! View Post
    Why so serious?

Cause the interwebs is serious bidness.

I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    Even faster is a new foam paint brush(large size) run thru the inside....wring....repeat....done.
    "The mind will quit....well before the body does"

Tree Crasher
    I just rinse it and store it in the freezer.
    CRAP... I'm in the wrong gear

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I just stuff one of these inside and hang it upside down by the hose/bladder junction. Also usually remove the bite valve. Works great.

2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

dpo
    mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Sorry to hijack this but I have a question...I have read a lot of posts about emptying the bladder and storing it in the freezer...so I started doing this with my Osprey bladder...does the freezing kill the bacteria or something? And...does it damage it at all over time? thx

g3h6o3
    Quote Originally Posted by dpo View Post
    Sorry to hijack this but I have a question...I have read a lot of posts about emptying the bladder and storing it in the freezer...so I started doing this with my Osprey bladder...does the freezing kill the bacteria or something? And...does it damage it at all over time? thx
    I did that with the old reservoirs and the seals aren't as good as they used to. They require more force to seal than they used to.
    Check out my SportTracks plugins for some training aid software.

Tree Crasher
    ...I have read a lot of posts about emptying the bladder and storing it in the freezer...so I started doing this with my Osprey bladder...does the freezing kill the bacteria or something? And...does it damage it at all over time?
    I've been rinsing the same camelback in hot water and storing it in the freezer since I bought it in '97. Occasionally I'll scrub it with dish soap. Only the bite valves I've needed to change.

I did that with the old reservoirs and the seals aren't as good as they used to. They require more force to seal than they used to.
    I smear a couple drops of vegetable oil on the cap seal. Allows it to tighten and loosen real easily. Lasts through several rinses.
    CRAP... I'm in the wrong gear

mtbr member
    As for cleaning, depending on the material, you could try to pull out the inside (partially), and putting it in the dishwasher. I've done it with a few of mine before, and they dried fairly quickly.