Thread: FRS sample

I ride brikes, dingus'

FRS sample

Has anybody ordered the FRS sample pack from the sponsor ad? I know its only $4.00, but i'm curious if anybody has tried it yet and what your thoughts are on it.
    You're not lost if you don't care where you are--- Tom Massie

Old and Crusty
    Nov 2010

FRS Sample

In my search of good products for sustained energy on the trail, I came acrossed the FRS stuff - I have to say that I wasn't terribly impressed. Maybe I'm biased but taste is a major issue for me.
    I've been buying and using Hammer Nutrition stuff for almost a year now, some of their stuff like the Gels and drinks are what I've gotten and used mostly. They offer a wide variety of training aids and you could probably find the same kind of stuff on FRS website as well. On a personal note - I couldn't stand their bars - it's non-gluten stuff which maybe is good for some but doesn't do it for me. Hammer nutrition has some good pre-ride drinks, and recovery stuff that helps stave off the muscle aching after all day rides. I've had good experiences with their stuff so far.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I ordered 3 sample packs. I like FRS stuff.....especially the drink mix. I think its one of thoes few things that do work.
    In my humble opinion......Hammer stuff sucks.

--Raleigh--
    I got the FRS sample and actually liked it alot. I dont think it was placebo but I def felt a boost in energy on the ride and my sister tried the drink mix before her soccer game and said it helped alot. Im going to order some here soon
    2011 Raleigh Talus 29 sport Commuter Mode
    2001 K2 Zed V Mountain Duty
    1994 GT Outpost Steel, Rigid Awesomeness

I ride brikes, dingus'
    I tried it too. I thought it was pretty good myself. It doesnt have a bad after taste and doesnt taste to bad either. I even felt a little bit more energy on my ride back to the truck after 20 miles.
    You're not lost if you don't care where you are--- Tom Massie

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    I'm using the liquid FRS mix (Mango I believe)... mostly to replenish lost vitamins during endurance rides...