Thread: Broken Promises

No one calls me Maurice.

Broken Promises

www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8Q83DPZy6E
    Might as well start the New Year by posting your Nutrition Resolutions so you can start holding yourself accountable.

Mine are pretty simple:
    1. Lose the 10 pounds I gained after shoulder surgery.
    2. Lose 10 more pounds after that.
    3. Finish the Gravel Worlds in August.
    4. 4K miles.
    5. 100 days over 30 miles.
    Those may not seem to feet in Nutrition and Hydration, but I guarentee they have more to do with Nutrition than with any other single aspect of my life.
    The most expensive bike in the world is still cheaper than the cheapest open heart surgery.

9 lives
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    You canít out-train a bad diet. My goal is to eat clean, avoid processed foods, read labels and continue eating plant-based foods.

My plan for 2016 is to continue to keep my diet and nutrition goals simple and achievable. Stick with my workout schedule and diet. It's helped me overcome injuries in 2015, made me stronger, look and feel healthier. I'm in my mid 50's and I can't take my health for granted. Injuries, cancer etc are unexpected but it's important that even when you want change to happen, is to never give up.
    My fitness goals are progressive. Ride more, improve my technical riding, cross train and get stronger
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

Epic eater
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Forster View Post
    5. 100 days over 30 miles.
    Wow, that is ambitious! I've thought about something like 40 days of 40 miles or more (and yes I'd do a bunch of that on a road bike) for myself (I turn 40 this year...) but then was thinking if logistically I could even manage that. Not worried about effort level and all that (sometimes having insane seemingly unreachable goals is exactly what we all need), but just figuring out when and how is tough.
    -------------
    Kona HeiHei, heavy Mongoose fat bike & some cheap Fuji road bike...

No one calls me Maurice.
    Quote Originally Posted by mabrodis View Post
    Wow, that is ambitious! I've thought about something like 40 days of 40 miles or more (and yes I'd do a bunch of that on a road bike) for myself (I turn 40 this year...) but then was thinking if logistically I could even manage that. Not worried about effort level and all that (sometimes having insane seemingly unreachable goals is exactly what we all need), but just figuring out when and how is tough.
    Time seems to be the bugger for everyone. In my case, my ride to work is 18.5 miles each way if I don't drive in part way, but I'm trying to hit a 50 miler on gravel 3 times a week to train for a 150 mile gravel event in August. Timing wise, it takes me 1:20 or so to ride in, the drive is 30 minutes so I need to get up an hour early to even the times. In the afternoon, we get three hours per week to exercise at my job. I can either leave an hour early three times (getting home on time) or split that out so I only arrive home 20-30 minutes late. In all of those cases I gain an hour just because I'm not driving on riding days. I figure we get about 50 days per year when you just can't ride (tops), so that leaves me with a fair amount of days to do shorter rides or rest. We'll see how it goes.
    The most expensive bike in the world is still cheaper than the cheapest open heart surgery.

mtbr member
    Lose 40 pounds by riding 100 miles/week and sticking to a healthy diet.
    Smile more. see above