mtbr member

Anyone here using Pea Protein powder?

Don't laugh, but happen to see a segment of Dr. Oz where pea powder was highly recommended. I've been using egg white for some time, but I thought the pea powder made some sense, ie highly assimilated by the body. Any "users" ?

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplemind View Post
    Don't laugh, but happen to see a segment of Dr. Oz where pea powder was highly recommended. I've been using egg white for some time, but I thought the pea powder made some sense, ie highly assimilated by the body. Any "users" ?

Yes. No quantifiable results though. That said, I don't notice any detrimental effects either.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Pea Protein is good stuff! Soy and Whey are not nearly as healthy long term IMO. The healthiest and best tasting stuff I've found is: Lifetime Life's Basics Plant Protein. It combines proteins from pea, hemp, rice and chia seed, for an awesome amino acid profile. (I buy it at Vitacost at 40% off)

mtbr member
    I use Sunwarrior Vegan protein. I like the mix and it tastes fairly good.
    I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals, I just hate vegetables.

mtbr member
    I really like hemp protein - either ground hemp (green powder) or hemp hearts (little brown flakes, similar in size to quinoa). The hearts are more expensive but have more protein and an awesome nutty taste, occasionally they're on sale so I'll get them if they're the same price as the ground hemp.

It's already a complete protein and gives you a bunch of good fiber as well as pulls your into an alkaline state compared to most meat-based proteins.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Sunwarrior rocks! - the only one I know of that's sprouted... so your body assimilates the protein better.

I'll check out the hemp hearts- interesting.

Save Jesus
    Also look at True Nutrition. They sell pure pea, rice, and hemp protein. You can also browse their forums to see what their users think about the taste.