mtbr member
    Aug 2013

Any reviews on FRS drinks and Chews?

Title says it. My diet is kinda meh, so I lack some energy and the reserves while im out on the trails.

The claims from FRS seem to be really great, and I was wondering if you have tried either their drinks or their chews. If you have please leave some feedback.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I tried the drinks and chews for a month when they were giving it away a few years back. It made my stomach a little sick when riding so I stopped and gave the rest to a workmate who seemed to like the drinks. She really liked the chews.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Other than your stomach feeling sick, were there any positives to the product?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    The orange flavor I had a good initial flavor and it hydrated as well as the Hammer stuff I was using at the time. I didn't do any rides longer then 2 hours with it due to the stomach issues. They are still doing a free trial so try it out:
    Healthy Energy Bundle Trial

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Awesome, thank you!

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    The FSR drinks don't have many calories, I've had some for quite a while and forgot out it, but this post just reminded me, -there they are behind the other chair in my office! The drink mixes have 10 calories per. In my opinion, these will flavor your water, not much else.
    I regularly use Cytomax (90calories per serving), I also have used and liked the Power Bar drink mix, and the Cliffshot drink mix. Cytomax seems good to me, and I think it's a little cheaper than the others in the big container.

mtbr member
    Late to this post, but thought I'd chime in...

For me, I've found nothing better than FRS drinks. I buy the concentrate & add it to my water bottle. No stomach issues AT ALL, which had always been a problem with me while using other energy/hydration products ( Powerade, Gatorade, Hammer, etc). I'm sure those are all fine products, but my stomach says otherwise.

An added benefit I found with FRS is that is gave me a little "boost" of energy shortly after drinking ( I'll take a swig every 10-15 minutes during a ride). It's not like a big caffine jolt, or a buzz like 5 Hr Energy...just a 'lack of fatigue' feeling.

I realize everyones metabolism is different, so this is just my own personal review.