mtbr member

Ankle injury and bicycling.....

So, not sure if this is the best place for this, feel free to move if necessary.

Back in August I had a pretty horrible motorcycle wreck. Basically tore my left foot off. Broke fibula, which came out my leg and sawed about half the foot off, and dislocated my tibia from the ankle joint. PIcs available upon request So 8 months, 12 surgeries, 1 nasty infection, and a void in my fibula later.... I'm walking ok JUst a little pain. My long drawn out question to you folks is... Have any of you suffered a serious ankle or other joint injury and how did it effect your bicycling after wards? I was an avid mountain biker (haha in kansas I know) for years before ever throwing a leg over a murdercycle. I now wish to focus on bicycles and sorta leave the moto behind for a while. THanks for any information and again..... pics available upon request.....
    Registered pedalphile.

mtb_girl
    Dec 2011
    You may want to move this to the "Rider down, injuries and recovery" forum. Sorry to hear about your injury. Glad your are walking ok!

mtbr member
    Darn, thought I read thru the forums better than that hehehe. Re-posting there now. Thanks.
    Registered pedalphile.