Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 88
  1. #26
    meh... whatever
    Reputation: monogod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,436
    Quote Originally Posted by monogod
    a tofu/veggie scramble looks very much like scrambled eggs in both color and texture, has WAY more usable protein,
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubster View Post
    Pretty sure eggs are considered to be one of if not the most complete and bioavailable source of protein.
    2 servings tofu = 20g protein.
    2 servings eggs = 12g protein.

    pretty sure 20>12. arguably "WAY more". some might even go so far as to say almost DOUBLE.

    here are some other plant based complete protein sources that trump eggs in grams protein per serving:

    quinoa = 8g
    hempseed = 10g
    mycoprotein = 13g
    rice and beans = 7g
    ezekiel bread = 8g
    seitan = 21g

    also noticed you cut the sentence in half leaving this out... "and lacks the detrimental consequences eggs and animal-based protein have on the body."

    even if eggs did contain more grams of complete protein than tofu, tofu has a higher protein to calorie ratio than eggs. along with less fat and zero animal-based cholesterol. the latter is especially important since animal fats/cholesterol are extremely damaging to the cardiovascular system while plant based proteins are not - even in insanely high amounts.

    however, in a sense it's all moot since it's not necessary to consume complete proteins in a single meal. a varied plant based diet will provide all the amino acids necessary and the body will do the rest.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nubster
    I also find it funny that vegans are often so anti-animal product but go to great lengths to produce products that mimic meat and animal foods.
    personally i'm "pro-health" rather than "anti-meat", and this is why i chose and promote a primarily plant based diet.

    while i can't speak for all who've chosen this path most seem to do so for heath/ethics reasons rather than merely disliking the taste of meat, so it doesn't seem surprising in the least that there's a market for meatless alternatives to animal carcases/secretions/eggs.

    for one thing, they are a good transition food for those making a change to a more plant-based diet - making it easier to substitute a more healthy option to meat in a familiar form. for another, many animal based products taste good - so what's the problem enjoying something with a similar taste/texture without the health penalties associated with the consumption of animals and their byproducts? for yet another, for many it's a nice option at picnics/bbqs/thanksgiving/etc to have a non-meat alternative similar to what other are consuming.

    so all things considered it doesn't seem that odd that there's a market/desire for more heart/health friendly alternatives to meat/dairy products. even less difficult to understand for a life-long carnivore seeking to make some healthy lifestyle modifications.
    "Knowledge is good." ~ Emil Faber

  2. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12

  3. #28
    meh... whatever
    Reputation: monogod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Terranaut View Post
    I really appreciate the effort you guys are making to give me great information. So I took the weekend off of riding. Tonight when I go out I am going to go for longer. I am adding 2 protien shakes a day, cutting my eggs to 1 and going to eat fish every other day at supper. I weighed myself last night and am down to 220lbs. My stomach fat feels seperate fron the rest of me, almost loose if you know what I mean. I am going to get a heart rate monitor and ride every other day for longer periods. On days off from riding my oldest son and I are going to hit the gym for an upper body workout. Hopefully this change now will keep me from plateauing and keep the fat coming off. This is a genuine lifestyle change for me.
    Thanks for your support.
    sounds like a good plan! you have realistic goals and expectations along with a plan to meet them. it always thrills me to see someone taking charge of their health and making some good, solid lifestyle changes. glad to help in any way possible.

    just to clarify, the purpose of going longer is to get your heart into the proper zone and keep it there for 35-45 minutes. this allows for some warm-up and cool-down time. incorporating weight training and intervals will help prevent your body from "getting used" to the exercise, in addition to the fact that muscle burns more energy than fat. not to mention that interval training is excellent for endurance as well. as you become more fit you can add more time as it will not only benefit but you'll be in shape and can actually genuinely enjoy more time on the bike at a strenuous level.

    next, good plan on the diet mod too. while animal based diets are very hard on the cardiovascular system (hardening/plaque/occlusion) the good news is this damage can almost always be reversed. i've had patients that have seen remarkable change simply by adopting a plant-based diet, including some that have avoided open heart surgery by reversing occlusion! countless others that have reversed hyperlipidemia and ended their dependence on the associated meds as well. same with many insulin dependent diabetics. as hippocrates said, "let the food be thy medicine, and medicine be thy food".

    don't get discouraged when you plateau, because it WILL happen. most people will generally see a very rapid fat loss in the first days and weeks of initiation of an exercise program and lifestyle change (as you seem to be with a "loose" stomach), but it will taper off and become more slow and steady. this is normal. the important thing is to eat a LOT, otherwise the body will think it's enduring a famine and will actually hoard fat. the trick is to consume a large amount of plant based foods, whether raw or not, as this keeps the calorie to fat ratio very low and give the body plenty of fuel to run on and repair itself with as it is shedding the fat. oh, and when preparing your fish/eggs try to steam/poach rather than fry as this keeps the calories/fat low and prevents the formation of many carcinogens that result from frying.

    again, good on you for making some positive health/lifestyle changes!

    you're an inspiration, please keep us posted.
    "Knowledge is good." ~ Emil Faber

  4. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation: theMeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,554
    Protein shakes can vary and be loaded with unwanted calories and sugars. I would stick with an all natural whey protein that tastes good. I like this one Naturally Flavored 100% Whey Gold Standard - $30.89 | Optimum Nutrition: True Strength but there's many others. Don't concern yourself with whey isolate vs concentrate vs hydrolysate, chose one based on taste and stats. Also think 2 protein shakes a day is too much and would rather get it from natural food sources. You have a window of about an hour after exercise to feed your muscles and help with recovery in a big way, so that would be the best time for that fast absorbing protein shake. The next best time would be when you wake. Again if you're trying to trim down and like to eat 2 shakes a day may be too much. Oh, and for most that gassy bloated feeling that protein shakes can give you will pass in a couple of weeks.
    Round and round we go

  5. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nubster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,103
    Quote Originally Posted by monogod View Post
    2 servings tofu = 20g protein.
    2 servings eggs = 12g protein.

    pretty sure 20>12. arguably "WAY more". some might even go so far as to say almost DOUBLE.

    here are some other plant based complete protein sources that trump eggs in grams protein per serving:
    Perhaps if you'd read a little closer you'll notice I said nothing about eggs have MORE protein. I stated that they were one of if not the most complete and bio-available protein sources.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycle151 View Post
    Friggin' coward. Give me a red chiclet instead of debating like a man. You don't deserve your green blocks.

  6. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation: theMeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,554
    Yup, ^ and the thread was the op's, not about disease prevention, nor a smart assed math lesson. But way to go with following me into yet another thread and turning it to sh!t with your obvious cognitive dissonance.
    Round and round we go

  7. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nubster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,103
    Quote Originally Posted by theMeat View Post
    Protein shakes can vary and be loaded with unwanted calories and sugars. I would stick with an all natural whey protein that tastes good. I like this one Naturally Flavored 100% Whey Gold Standard - $30.89 | Optimum Nutrition: True Strength but there's many others. Don't concern yourself with whey isolate vs concentrate vs hydrolysate, chose one based on taste and stats. Also think 2 protein shakes a day is too much and would rather get it from natural food sources. You have a window of about an hour after exercise to feed your muscles and help with recovery in a big way, so that would be the best time for that fast absorbing protein shake. The next best time would be when you wake. Again if you're trying to trim down and like to eat 2 shakes a day may be too much. Oh, and for most that gassy bloated feeling that protein shakes can give you will pass in a couple of weeks.
    I try to avoid too much whey as well but sometimes because of time or just not feeling like eating...it's a good way to squeeze in that extra protein if the rest of your day has been a little low. There are a lot of days that I eat mostly fruit just because I'm in the mood so I may have a couple smoothies with some whey to satisfy my protein needs. It's also excellent for post ride. I treat most of my rides as a workout in that I try to always have a protein shake within 30 minutes of finishing the ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycle151 View Post
    Friggin' coward. Give me a red chiclet instead of debating like a man. You don't deserve your green blocks.

  8. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation: theMeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,554
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubster View Post
    I try to avoid too much whey as well but sometimes because of time or just not feeling like eating...it's a good way to squeeze in that extra protein if the rest of your day has been a little low. There are a lot of days that I eat mostly fruit just because I'm in the mood so I may have a couple smoothies with some whey to satisfy my protein needs. It's also excellent for post ride. I treat most of my rides as a workout in that I try to always have a protein shake within 30 minutes of finishing the ride.
    A smart man ^ who has learned. I look at eating pretty clean and regular as a lifestyle, but look at any exercise efforts longer then 30 minutes as a possible advancement so I try to have a protein shake within an hour to realize it's full potential also. It's amazing how diet and timing of it can propel your progress, or not.
    Round and round we go

  9. #34
    meh... whatever
    Reputation: monogod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubster View Post
    Perhaps if you'd read a little closer you'll notice I said nothing about eggs have MORE protein. I stated that they were one of if not the most complete and bio-available protein sources.
    in other words, when you quoted and replied to my statement that soy has way more protein than eggs you're saying your reply had nothing whatsoever to do with it? c'mon, man... that's silly talk. the implication was clearly there that eggs were a superior protein source to soy.

    perhaps you noticed i provided many other complete and bio-available protein sources that lack "the detrimental consequences eggs and animal-based protein have on the body". absolutely no argument that eggs certainly are "a" complete protein source but they can hardly be in the running for "the most" when there are options that provide many more grams of complete protein per serving (some 2x) without the associated deficits of animal protein. and at a much higher ratio of protein to calories to boot.

    the OP made mention of moving to a more plant-based diet for heath reasons and i'm simply providing information in this vein. it's just about sharing info, so please don't get your drawers all twisted up and make it a personal war like sniffles did and always does. there's no reason to take my reply as a personal attack, it was just alternative/supplemental data to info we had both shared.

    it's a discussion forum. we're discussing. be cool, bro. there's no need to follow meat's example and be a whiny, sniveling crybaby about it.
    "Knowledge is good." ~ Emil Faber

  10. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nubster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,103
    In my posts you can not find one single statement where I am getting my drawers twisted or making it a personal war. If you can, please show me where anything I said would indicate that.

    Like you said, this is a discussion forum and I am discussing protein sources. You are the one that seemed to confuse more protein with better protein. More isn't always better. If you'd like, in the name of discussion, please post some links that show some science proving that your plant based proteins are better than eggs in the quality of protein and the bio-availability. Not the amount, that's not what I'm talking about, but the quality.

    Seems like only one of us is calling names and being a baby...but it's certainly not me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycle151 View Post
    Friggin' coward. Give me a red chiclet instead of debating like a man. You don't deserve your green blocks.

  11. #36
    It's working!
    Reputation: Terranaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    76
    If you guys can keep this to a discussion and not an argument I am all for it. I like to learn as much as possible. Different views and discussing them with good material to back up claims makes me more informed.
    I am aware of getting a good dose of protien after working out. Thanks.

  12. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nubster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,103
    Quote Originally Posted by monogod View Post
    the OP made mention of moving to a more plant-based diet for heath reasons and i'm simply providing information in this vein. it's just about sharing info, so please don't get your drawers all twisted up and make it a personal war like sniffles did and always does. there's no reason to take my reply as a personal attack, it was just alternative/supplemental data to info we had both shared.
    He made mention of eating better by eating a quasi vegan/raw type diet for weight-loss but he is also looking into the option of a Paleo style diet. So the way I see it, he isn't set on making his diet plant based. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I am very plant based in my eating habits but I don't exclude meat or eggs or dairy 100%. I lost 80+ pounds and my blood work was perfect after a year of eating in such a manner. Proof as far as I'm concerned is in the non-vegan pudding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycle151 View Post
    Friggin' coward. Give me a red chiclet instead of debating like a man. You don't deserve your green blocks.

  13. #38
    meh... whatever
    Reputation: monogod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,436
    as for the differences in protein powders (i.e. concentrate, isolate, and hydrolysate) the differences lie in the % of protein per serving and the amount of carbs per serving. concentrate generally contains about %70 protein and retains all the carbs. isolate is the isolation of the protein itself and is the most pure, with everything else (including carbs) being removed. hydrolysate is when the protein is broken down for faster absorption, or "predigested". so there are very distinct differences between the variants to consider when selecting a protein supplement.

    as far as overdoing it there can be a problem with too much animal based protein, but not too much plant based. a continued excess of animal based protein can be hard on the body. keep in mind too that most people have some degree of lactose intolerance. this can manifest itself in many ways such as bloating, cramping, gas, loose stools, and even mimicking allergies.

    one of the biggest differences between whey and soy protein is whey is available to the body very fast but for a short time, whereas soy protein is available much longer. in other words, whey provides a burst while soy provides a more deliberate and prolonged release of protein.

    soy, like whey, scores a 1.0 on the PDCAAS which is a perfect score. because soy is a complete protein it will also enhance the nutritional value of other foods. there are a lot of myths surrounding soy protein but it is a well researched and proven source of complete protein, even offering benefits not found with whey.

    a few include:

    • soy protein reduces cholesterol thereby lowering the likelihood of coronary disease.
    • soy protein will lower LDL whereas animal based proteins will more likely increase it.
    • isoflavones (bioactive compounds found in soy protein) have been found to reduce the risk of many types of cancer as well as osteoporosis. animal based proteins have been shown to increase the risk. in fact, there's a direct correlation between dairy consumption and increased risk of osteoporosis, but that's another topic altogether.
    • these isoflavones also have an antioxidant effect which decreases recovery time along with inflammation and soreness post-exertion.


    milk protein has also been irrefutably linked to both juvenile and adult onset insulin dependent diabetes. this is because the milk protein is seen as an antigen by the bodies of many. in turn the body produces antibodies which destroy these proteins. however, and especially with casein protein, the body's antibodies will often then turn, attack, and destroy the beta cells in the islet of langerhans which produce insulin in the pancreas. once these cells are destroyed they are gone forever.

    just more info so you can make an informed choice when selecting a protein supplement.

    again, kudos to you for making such an important and awesome life evaluation and change.
    "Knowledge is good." ~ Emil Faber

  14. #39
    meh... whatever
    Reputation: monogod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubster View Post
    You are the one that seemed to confuse more protein with better protein. More isn't always better.
    "more is better" is not the gist of my overall position. as was clearly pointed out there are other factors at play as well.

    if one is seeking to ingest "X" grams of protein then it is reasonable to suggest that one source may be better than another for meeting this need, and it may come down to grams per serving combined with other attributes. for example, if one can get almost twice the protein in one source as from another and WITHOUT the added fats and calories it could arguably be considered a better source. it's further arguable that the source with fewer grams protein per serving but also WITHOUT the added fats and calories could arguably be considered a better protein source.

    soy has many benefits that animal based proteins (eggs) cannot offer, such as:

    • soy protein reduces cholesterol thereby lowering the likelihood of coronary disease.
    • soy protein will lower LDL whereas animal based proteins will more likely increase it.
    • isoflavones (bioactive compounds found in soy protein) have been found to reduce the risk of many types of cancer as well as osteoporosis. animal based proteins have been shown to increase the risk. in fact, there's a direct correlation between dairy consumption and increased risk of osteoporosis, but that's another topic altogether.
    • these isoflavones also have an antioxidant effect which decreases recovery time along with inflammation and soreness post-exertion.


    thus, it is again arguable that a protein source offering these benefits (soy) is superior to a protein source (eggs) which does not. the fact that the this protein source also happens to offer more protein per serving is simply icing on the cake.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nubster
    Seems like only one of us is calling names and being a baby...but it's certainly not me.
    indeed. but don't worry about meat's little outburst, he does that all the time.
    "Knowledge is good." ~ Emil Faber

  15. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nubster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,103
    There's a lot to be said about soy being an unhealthy option too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycle151 View Post
    Friggin' coward. Give me a red chiclet instead of debating like a man. You don't deserve your green blocks.

  16. #41
    meh... whatever
    Reputation: monogod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubster View Post
    There's a lot to be said about soy being an unhealthy option too.
    the most common being "myth" and "misinformation".
    "Knowledge is good." ~ Emil Faber

  17. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nubster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,103
    Well, vegans think meat eaters are the devil and will be dead by 50. Meat eaters think vegans are malnourished self absorbed douchebags that spread falsities in order to further their agenda.

    Fact is, there's probably no actual unbiased information out there on diet/food. I can find more info on soy being bad including "research" and articles by medical experts/doctors than I'd ever care to read. I'm sure the same can be said about eggs or any other food out there. It doesn't matter to me what anyone else eats. I choose my diet based on what works for me and that IS all that matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycle151 View Post
    Friggin' coward. Give me a red chiclet instead of debating like a man. You don't deserve your green blocks.

  18. #43
    It's working!
    Reputation: Terranaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    76
    Nubster hit it on the head. I want to find out what options work best for me and will try what looks right for me and adjust as needed. I love a good discussion. I may go to more meat .I may try no meat at all. not 100% sure yet but losing meat for the most part hasn't caused me any issues thus far.

  19. #44
    meh... whatever
    Reputation: monogod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubster View Post
    Well, vegans think meat eaters are the devil and will be dead by 50. Meat eaters think vegans are malnourished self absorbed douchebags that spread falsities in order to further their agenda.

    Fact is, there's probably no actual unbiased information out there on diet/food. I can find more info on soy being bad including "research" and articles by medical experts/doctors than I'd ever care to read. I'm sure the same can be said about eggs or any other food out there. It doesn't matter to me what anyone else eats. I choose my diet based on what works for me and that IS all that matters.
    wow. that escalated quickly. don't look now, but it sure looks like you're getting your diapers twisted. that you have so overtly and hostilely taken this discussion as a personal affront certainly seems to validate my previous post. since you're now resorting to ad homs, red herrings, and straw men it would stand to reason that any kind of productive exchange of information on your behalf has concluded.

    be that as it may, the fact is that there is a plethora of actual unbiased information out there on diet/food.

    like you, it doesn't matter to me what anyone else eats - but that's a red herring because that's not what we're discussing nor have i stated otherwise. in fact, i even stated point blank, "i'm not saying you are wrong to eat meat/dairy/eggs but i'd suggest drastically limiting them" to be sure that the data being shared was in no way misconstrued as a personal indictment. nor have either you or the OP been castigated, demeaned, or ridiculed for your food choices so your defensive posture is certainly unwarranted.

    even when people who are paying me to help them with a lifestyle change refuse to consider information or follow suggestions i don't denigrate them for doing so. it's their money. their health. their choice. freedom to live one's life as they see fit is the most basic of freedoms, provided it causes no one else harm.

    do i have an agenda to promote a more plant-based diet with sparing use of animal flesh/byproducts? certainly. i'm very up front about it and don't hide it. know why i have such an agenda? i work in health care and i've seen first hand the detrimental effects of lifestyle choices.

    i've worked in post CABG (coronary artery bypass graft) units and seen relatively young people with life threatening occlusions due almost entirely to what they've put in their mouths. i've spent a lot of time in coronary cath labs and have witnessed in real time the damage that a diet rich in animal flesh/byproducts has caused. i've worked in the e.r. and seen relatively young people present with heart attacks and strokes either losing their lives or suffering permanent damage due to what they've put in their mouths. i've seen the damage that carrying extra weight has caused on a multi-systemic level, and helped people rehab from disease they brought upon themselves via their fork. i've listened to countless people in these situations lament a lifetime of pleasing their taste buds when it comes time to "pay the check". i've helped countless people reverse lifestyle illnesses like CAD, diabetes, and hyperlipidemia without drugs and surgery merely by changing what goes into their mouth.

    my agenda is to provide relevant, accurate information on the topic so people can make up their own minds. that's why i discuss it here and on other forums and will continue to do so. that's why i've given scores of seminars and lectures on health, nutrition, and disease prevention. that's why i'm in the healthcare profession. my goal is not to convert people to "the plant side" but to provide the information so they can make an informed choice and to help them reach their goals, whether it's full vegan, laco-ovo, or primarily plant based with varying amounts of animal derived foods.

    so thanks for the discussion, it's unfortunate you've elected to end it in this manner but it's a paradigm i've seen frequently over the years in this and other areas. for the record, i say eat what you want. own it. be proud of it. i wholeheartedly defend your right to stuff whatever you wish into your mouth and to hold whatever opinion you wish irrespective of our agreement in the matters - though i will point out that our mere opinions were not the topic of discussion.

    as hippocrates said, "there are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the latter ignorance."

    and btw, nubster, a big congrats on dumping 80 lbs., that's quite an achievement! kudos to you for taking charge of your life and health and making a change. best of luck as you whittle away the remaining 40-50, i wish you all the best.
    "Knowledge is good." ~ Emil Faber

  20. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nubster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,103
    Like I said, plenty of "science" to support either side. Some people act simply on ethics, some on science, some because they don't know any better. Take the info you find, apply it to your life, and figure out what works best. I said it once already, I've lost a lot of weight and have perfect blood work eating meat (Paleo). Not a meat based diet like most SAD folks, but I do include it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycle151 View Post
    Friggin' coward. Give me a red chiclet instead of debating like a man. You don't deserve your green blocks.

  21. #46
    meh... whatever
    Reputation: monogod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubster View Post
    I said it once already, I've lost a lot of weight and have perfect blood work eating meat (Paleo). Not a meat based diet like most SAD folks, but I do include it.
    so if, by your own admission, your diet isn't meat based it would stand to reason it's plant based. correct? i believe you said "tons of vegetables and probably too much fruit" combined with cutting way back on meat and dairy. now where have i heard that before?

    in other words, despite the fact we're pretty much in agreement on limiting animal flesh/byproducts and adopting a plant based diet you've gone to a great deal of effort to argue against a lifestyle choice you support, promote, live by, and have lost nearly 100lbs by following. yep... makes total sense.

    congrats again on your weight loss. keep up the good work!
    "Knowledge is good." ~ Emil Faber

  22. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Bigb2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    272
    The great thing about biking is that the better you become, the better you'll want to be at it.

  23. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12
    monogod,
    I'm curious as to what other bad habits those young people had that you referred to other than putting animal flesh/byproducts in their mouths?

    Young active people that don't overindulge do not end up in the hospital because they put meat and eggs their mouth.

  24. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation: theMeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,554
    Quote Originally Posted by rmscustom View Post
    monogod,
    I'm curious as to what other bad habits those young people had that you referred to other than putting animal flesh/byproducts in their mouths?

    Young active people that don't overindulge do not end up in the hospital because they put meat and eggs their mouth.
    I see you're new here, let me try to explain
    https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...orums.mtbr.com
    Welcome to the site
    Round and round we go

  25. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation: theMeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,554
    Plateauing with fitness gains, taking time off and changing it up has already been brought up and is true for everyone across the board eventually. When diet plateaus has not been brought up much yet so some ideas to consider. Leaving yourself wiggle room to make improvements is a good idea if you're realizing progress. Another great trick many find useful is to fast for 1 day every month or 2. I can't sleep on an empty stomach so for me after dinner 1 night I won't eat anything till dinner the next day. Make sure to drink plenty/extra water, and try to plan it on an off from exercise day. We all give our body rest time from exercise to recoup, giving your digestive system a break is also a good idea. It also gets your body wondering what's coming next so this is especially useful when plateauing, or right before you're making more changes to your diet.
    Round and round we go

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •