The Gnarchitect Sketch.

WNC FR/DH Riders: Fall group rides/weekend?

Everyone knows that some really prime riding weather is just around the corner. Could do a weekend at wilsons type thing or camp at peewee's or something like that. Would be fun to get a bunch of like-minded riders together someplace that isn't a lift-served resort.

Last season someone suggested a six-pack downhill race, we could go that way with it too.
    Dirty Bird DH *****es!!! Aug 22-23 Hawksnest- Seven Devils, NC.

XC Champion
    May 2006
    I'm in...please let me know if you need any help organizing it. Just name the weekend and I'll definitely be there!

Drinker w/ Riding Problem
    Quote Originally Posted by Archdukeferdinand
    Everyone knows that some really prime riding weather is just around the corner. Could do a weekend at wilsons type thing or camp at peewee's or something like that. Would be fun to get a bunch of like-minded riders together someplace that isn't a lift-served resort.

Last season someone suggested a six-pack downhill race, we could go that way with it too.

I'm in , but need to know when though, from mid sep to end of october, lotta bike related stuff going on! know a couple of others down with it, Wilsons or Brown Mtn

arbiter
    Aug 2005
    Six pack downhills...

If its going to be in the same vein as the Harrisonburg series, then it should be set up for all people at all levels to enjoy. A Pee-Wees only course is a slap in the face to everything that made the six packs great.

Nahwhatimsayin?

The Gnarchitect Sketch.
    Quote Originally Posted by futuristxen
    Six pack downhills...

If its going to be in the same vein as the Harrisonburg series, then it should be set up for all people at all levels to enjoy. A Pee-Wees only course is a slap in the face to everything that made the six packs great.

Nahwhatimsayin?
    Definitely wouldn't be a pee-wee's downhill race, I think if we do the 6-pack that we'd want to be up in the mountains. While it would be cool, I don't know that I've heard of a downhill race that included a bunch of stunts, I was just mentioning peewee's because I live in the valley between hawksnest and grandfather, and rarely get down to peewee's during the hot summer. I'd like to do a separate trip just camping some weekend there and hitting stunts.

I'd gladly host the party, near my house I'd pick sections of sugar or something in wilsons for the race. Whattya think? The point here is definitely fun and meeting other riders, not reaching the apex of DH competition (like I could even do that if I tried).

Either way, I htink we shouldn't limit ourselves. We could do the race as the kickoff to a riding weekend, or we could do multiple weekends. I can't think of any way I'd rather finish out the season than a bunch of gatherings, some DH, some natural trail, some stunts...

I HUCK WITH CHUCK
    I'm down....always down.

Also down for Wilsons whenever.

The Gnarchitect Sketch.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThoughtfulPirate
    I'm down....always down.

Also down for Wilsons whenever.
    Wilsons this weekend- I think some secret trail action fri, something on the 181 side sat, probably doing shuttle runs on sugar with some friends from FLA on sunday.

I HUCK WITH CHUCK
    I'm headed to brevard on saturday to ride with a buddy that goes to school down there, but I can ride sugar on sunday probably. I'd be down on friday but i've got some classes.