mtbr member
    Aug 2005

Wilsons Creek + Fonta Flora

I have always cringed whenever people ask me about getting a beer after riding in Wilsons Creek as Morganton didn't have much to offer on a Saturday and nothing on a Sunday. Fear no more, Fonta Flora located downtown has it covered. They just opened and it's what this town needed for post ride drinks. If you are in the area check them out. Even you Asheville beer snobs will enjoy it.

*no I don't work there, know anyone who does, or get free drinks, but I do live in Morganton and recognize the need to promote my town...

banned
    Aug 2013
    Thanks, still got that rag top toyota and WolFhound?

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Yeah they are not getting as much love as I would like right now but it's not for lack of desire to get out there.

Fence guru
    Nov 2008
    I wish they were next to la salsas

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I am not sure how it works but they have a Mountain Burrito menu up right next to the beers. A number of tables had chips and salsa.

Rogue Exterminator
    Get a beer after riding = go to the truck.

BTW, Isn't Catawba Brewing open Mon-Sat?
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Sometimes if they have a band or there is a big game on TV. Otherwise it's W-F. I might be wrong but I don't think they are usually open on Saturdays. 9/10 I agree with you and would add, = sit in river/creek

mtbr member
    I've found Mountain Burrito to be one of the few places in Morganton worth supporting.

The model for a local restaurant there seems to be a non-franchised macdonalds. Never seen so many independently owned fast food sh1tholes.

I'll check out the new spot if I find myself that way.

CAN YOU DIG IT??!!??!!!??
    FYI the Ingles in Morganton has the largest beer selection of any place around it for 2-3 counties, according to one of the guys who delivers to them...& IMO he is correct.
    "Why are you willing to take so much & leave others in need...just because you can?"

Rogue Exterminator
    Quote Originally Posted by man w/ one hand View Post
    FYI the Ingles in Morganton has the largest beer selection of any place around it for 2-3 counties, according to one of the guys who delivers to them...& IMO he is correct.
    Can't comment on the one in Morganton but some Ingles have incredible beer selections.
    The one of the ones in Hendersonville is incredible. I think my friends in Asheville thought I was exaggerating until I took them there. The new one in Mills River is also incredible.

banned
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by man w/ one hand View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    Can't comment on the one in Morganton but some Ingles have incredible beer selections.
    The one of the ones in Hendersonville is incredible. I think my friends in Asheville thought I was exaggerating until I took them there. The new one in Mills River is also incredible.
    Ah yeah Mills river has the biggest and best selection. They have Growlers from Pisgah Brewing!?! need I say more?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    Quoted for truth! My go-to beer spot.

Rogue Exterminator
    Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch on 1206 View Post
    Ah yeah Mills river has the biggest and best selection. They have Growlers from Pisgah Brewing!?! need I say more?
    The one in Hendersonville @ Highland Lake has pretty much the same selection.