Asheville YetiRider

Good job! Who can go? Mulberry Gap... Here we come

Who can go? Were seeing who would be able to join us for a weekend mountain bike Getaway trip to Mulberry Gap in Ellijay, GA. January 21st-23. We only need a minimum of 1 more to make it happen. All are welcome to join us. I think it should be around $85 per night with meals and shuttle included.
    Here is the website

http://www.mulberrygap.com/
    There are Mountain Bikes and then there is "The Santa Cruz High Ball"

mtbr member
    I went down there in Oct. We had a great time. They will feed you well. Bear Creek was big fun. There's one trail call Tibbs, or something like that, that just plain sucked. 2 miles of uphill pushing through a boulder field. Only problem is that it takes forever to get there.
    Friends don let friends ride road bikes.
    http://www.facebook.com/mikebmiller

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Mike - you were part of that unfortunate group that was suckered (Bruce Dickman) in to riding the Windy Gap, Tibbs, Milma loop. The Windy Gap downhill is fun but the rest of it is brutal. I hope you got to ride the Pinhoti along with Bear Creek - those are great trails.
    Had we known you guys were being talked into the Tibbs ride, we would have intervened!!
    Anyway, the winter rides are great due to the open views with no leaves on the ground. We keep the fireplace going in the dining hall to warm you up after the rides and Ginni makes some great soups and chili's to further warm you on a cold day!
    Shouldn't take more than 3 hours to get here.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I was at Mulberry Gap with a group in November and it was awesome. We did 2 night rides and 2 day rides including Pinhoti 1,2 and 3 as well as a snow dusted Bear Creek. Those trails are arguably the best single track in the South. Ginni will keep you fueled with some great food. I hope to go back every year.

FYI-Even though the shuttle is free you should tip your shuttle driver for their time.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gapper
    Shouldn't take more than 3 hours to get here.

If you can get from Spartanburg to Mulberry in 3 hours, you can get a job with NASCAR.

But I will definitely be back at some point this year.

And my buddy AJ, who was on that ride with us, has dedicated his winter to training his butt off and coming back down there to kick Bruce's ass.
    Last edited by mikeridesabike; 01-04-2011 at 08:52 PM.
    Friends don let friends ride road bikes.
    http://www.facebook.com/mikebmiller

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I'm not one to spread false information so will put it on facebook to get the concensus for travel time and best route from Asheville. Tell AJ to keep training but we are trying to settle Bruce down, not encourage him to push others beyond their enjoyment level (at least while they are guests at Mulberry Gap!). We'll look forward to having you again!

Just realized my mistake - you are not coming from Ashville, but from Spartansburg so that would be closer to 4 hours. But we're worth it right??
    Last edited by Gapper; 01-05-2011 at 04:57 PM.