mtbr member
    Dec 2009

where to camp for pisgah,dupont,bent creek

I am coming up next week to mtn bike and trout fish. should I stay at davidson river campground, or ultimate ride campground or black forest near dupont? I was planning on riding and fishing every day. Any other suggestions? thanks!

drunken pirate
    Davidson River. Enjoy
    More Trails, Not Less

Adventures in Pisgah

mtbr member
    +2 for davidson river. You can ride out from the campground to many pisgah trails and fishing abound is in walking distance!
    Short drive to bent creek or dupont. With what your wanting to do it would be the best choice.
    IF IT HAS TWO WHEELS AND A HANDLEBAR...I,M IN!

"Ride Lots" Eddy Merckx
    Never stayed there, but Ultimate Ride gets pretty bad reviews around here. Davidson River +3.
    "Big Gulps huh?...Allllriggghhht....Welp, See ya later!"

Thread Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by IAMSPECIALIZED
    +2 for davidson river. You can ride out from the campground to many pisgah trails and fishing abound is in walking distance!
    Short drive to bent creek or dupont. With what your wanting to do it would be the best choice.
    +4 for Davidson. And though Bent Creek and DuPont aren't *that* far away, with all the Seasonal trails open right now, there's no reason to ever leave Pisgah. Make sure to get a 780 map.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    davidson it is! I have got map 780. I have done slate rock-pilot cove,buckwheat knob and enjoyed those trails.the laurel mtn-pilot rock trail brutal uphill and technical downhill wasnt really my thing. I would rather have more flowy singletrack in the 5 to 7 mile range. I know that nicely groomed singletrack isnt the pisgah thing, but are there some trails you could recommend that would lean in that direction for pisgah, dupont or bent creek? I hope i did not commit heresy. I know you guys like the super technical stuff and have suggested routes before.Thank you for your replies!

Big Mac
    Quote Originally Posted by karma 33
    davidson it is! I have got map 780. I have done slate rock-pilot cove,buckwheat knob and enjoyed those trails.the laurel mtn-pilot rock trail brutal uphill and technical downhill wasnt really my thing. I would rather have more flowy singletrack in the 5 to 7 mile range. I know that nicely groomed singletrack isnt the pisgah thing, but are there some trails you could recommend that would lean in that direction for pisgah, dupont or bent creek? I hope i did not commit heresy. I know you guys like the super technical stuff and have suggested routes before.Thank you for your replies!
    DuPont and Bent Creek both have what you're looking for. Pisgah, not so much.

Official Cooler Inspector
    "I was planning on riding and fishing every day."

Davidson... + whatever.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Crack myself up: "I wait till the opossum hits the deck water dish to call it a night."

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I dont get it , mum?

Official Cooler Inspector
    OP:
    "I am coming up next week to mtn bike and trout fish. should I stay at davidson river campground, or ultimate ride campground or black forest near dupont? I was planning on riding and fishing every day. Any other suggestions? thanks!"

I voted for Davidson plus whatever else was suggested.

+2 for davidson river
    Davidson River +3
    +4 for Davidson
    + whatever

Photo is telescopic fishing rods. (Smaller size fits nice on a hydration pack.)

So, where did I screw up?
    Crack myself up: "I wait till the opossum hits the deck water dish to call it a night."

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    no screw up, i just did not understand. thank you for your reply! I will be up there saturday, and am pumped up to get out of flat florida!