Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Weekend Ride

Drinker w/ Riding Problem

Weekend Ride

thought i'd post some pix from Sundays solo ride. trying out my new front tire on the Mariachi. Nevegals are da Bomb! Great day for a ride, Man i wish i had Bent Creek in my backyard.

b
    Attached Images Attached Images

The Route
    • Up Ledford Br Rd.
    • Up IFG
    • Up North Boundary Rd.
    • Down Greens Lick
    • Down Boyd Br. Rd
    • Down Lower Sidehill connect
    • Up Bent Creek Rd.
    • Up/Down Lower Sidehill
    • Up Bent Creek Rd.
    • Up South Ridge
    • Down Chestnut Cove
    • Down Explorer
    • Pine Tree
    • Homestead
    • Hardtimes Connector
    • Road back

good ride!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Nice pics and that Mariachi looks amazing!

paintbucket
    Your saddle is crooked.

My ride yesterday. Yours looks better.

When the going gets weird its bedtime.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Chestnut Cove Trail?

Isn't Chestnut Cove Trail hiking only?

Quote Originally Posted by wncbiker
    Isn't Chestnut Cove Trail hiking only?
    used to be as far as i know, but i was told that it is seasonal, and on the sign it has dates posted on it, but someone has peeled part of the stickers off it (see photo) maybe someone can shed some light on this, everytime i've ridden it, there have always been others riding it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by wooglin
    Your saddle is crooked.
    yeah i noticed that too, and fixed it shortly after taking the Greenlick pic! thanks
    b

mtbr member
    Nice pictures!

I am not jealous of the El M anymore
    BS'ing less, riding more.

Supporting PAS
    Upstate SORBA
    SORBA

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    The USFS trail map indicates hikers only, I think the sign at the lower end does as well. But, I do know that changes concerning seasonal use and such have been made in the past without the signage & maps changing.

mtbr member

My Sunday ride

Nancy is in Vermont visiting a friend for a week so im single for a short while. The projects to get done around the house are nearly started cause i been playing a lot.
    I did about 2 1/2 hours in Bent Creek and then rode about 3 more hours on the #$%@ and then to ^&%* and finally finished up down on the ri$%# tr^&* around an award winning institute of "Higher" learning.
    I let Carl the coffee man ride one of the fixies and i was on another one.....so now it seems the coffee man is ready to add a fixie to his stable as soon as Gabe an i decide we feel like building another one...
    If anyone is ever interested in trying fixed gear riding then between Gabe and i we have 6 bikes built up 2 700c, 2 26/24 and 2 26/26 they fit 5'6"--5'10" pretty well...

Category Winner
    Am I the only one wondering why the fellers with all the gears are PUSHING their bikes up that hill??
    Is it STIL?
    WWW.TEAMDICKY.COM

I get paid 3 every time I post on MTBR.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by teamdicky
    Am I the only one wondering why the fellers with all the gears are PUSHING their bikes up that hill??
    Is it STIL?

They are waiting for the ski lift to be built. . .
    BS'ing less, riding more.

Supporting PAS
    Upstate SORBA
    SORBA

sorry double dipped

Is it STIL?
    that is the upper part of Ingles Field Gap before 5 points, and it's a little steeper than it looks in the photo. i'm guessing to that those bikes are 45+lbs. i had stop to find where i dropped my lung

Go make a difference
    Very nice! i didn't get to ride this weekend so thanks for the pics, Brad!
    Charles Myrick
    33North Adventures | Owner
    Bike | Climb | Hike | Paddle
    New trips: Tibet & Bosnia!

mtbr member
    The designated user group for Chestnut Cove is currently, well, undetermined. Here's the facts:
    1) The map says hikers only
    2) The signs say hiker's only from the bottom, seasonal from the top.
    3) At the public walk around with Trails Unlimted early this year, users were told by the USFS that with the "re-working" of the trail, it would be opened to hikers and bikers. PAS promoted this as an example of how the FS was trying to be on "our side" while BC was re-worked.
    4) That verbal commitment has not yet been followed through on. Advocacy is continuing on this issue.

Previously, this trail was a steep, non-sustainable fall-line that really was destroyed by any use. With the re-route, theere is absolutely ZERO reason for this to be the only trail in the BC area outside of the Arbotretum or LP Rec area to remain closed to bikes and we will be advocating strongly on this issue. It's seeing tons of MTB use now and I, Mr. "No Poaching" , am not going to ask anyone to stop. Have fun, it's a great trail to ride.
    Mke

Droop

Glad to see...

you cleaned that purty bike up! Was Mighty Muddy last time I saw it.

I just thought your a$$ was crooked!
    "Mach-S, the speed at which stress can't keep up, is simply forward motion. But it has to be self- propelled. Note that people in cars are still stressed." Jef Mallett

BGR / MCM #311
    Quote Originally Posted by brado1
    i'm guessing to that those bikes are 45+lbs. i had stop to find where i dropped my lung
    C'mon!!! I'm a "flatlander" and climbed it on a 35+ bike before the "redux" of that area...and again on a 42 lb. Joker. Those guys are baggin'!....literally....that guy in the back is hauling his recent purchase from "the gap"!
    Boogers and Birthdays....the more you have...the harder it is to breath

Quote Originally Posted by fireboy
    C'mon!!! Those guys are baggin'!....literally....that guy in the back is hauling his recent purchase from "the gap"!
    You old fart, didn't you know Denim is the new Lycra werd

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Is it STIL?
    No you weren't the only one wondering about that, add on the blue jeans to my bit of wondering.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by thadthetroll
    I did about 2 1/2 hours in Bent Creek and then rode about 3 more hours on the #$%@ and then to ^&%* and finally finished up down on the ri$%# tr^&* around an award winning institute of "Higher" learning.
    If anyone is ever interested in trying fixed gear riding then between Gabe and i we have 6 bikes built up 2 700c, 2 26/24 and 2 26/26 they fit 5'6"--5'10" pretty well...
    Very nice pics Brad, look great . Yeah, that #$%@ trail is awesome, my favorite is probably "<~!@#$%^&*+?~>", oops , I've already said to much. I want to go riding with you guys one day here soon, don't know about riding a fixie though. Looks fun, but here lately due to work constraints I haven't got to ride very much at all, don't think I got the "umph" to ride one of them for an extended period of time. After the first of the year I am wanting to build a "stunt" park in the lower section of my yard. Has some serious potential, the run in is downhill that leads into the flat lower section. I was thinking of starting the first line off with some doubles or tabletops followed by about a 4 ft high wooden berm and then go from there. Any suggestions or ideas are welcomed. Also, if any wants to help with construction that would be sweet. Probably gonna build a couple of kickers, ladder drops and skinnies as well, maybe even a teeter, a little bit at a time due to the fact that I am trying to finish up my education. Damn, school is expensive . Sorry about the rant.
    [SIZE=5][/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Wish you would invite me.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpho
    Wish you would invite me.
    you were invited you drunkass biatch... "I'm hungover, can't make it" change your name from Ralpho to Lame"o"

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by brado1
    you were invited you drunkass biatch... "I'm hungover, can't make it" change your name from Ralpho to Lame"o"
    Hey it was the free shiiiiiii

BGR / MCM #311
    brado, "if Pink's the new Black, and Brown is the new Pink, what does that make Black?"

Well...then if Denim is the new Lycra...and Polyester is the new Denim ....what does that make Lycra???
    Boogers and Birthdays....the more you have...the harder it is to breath

Quote Originally Posted by fireboy
    brado, "if Pink's the new Black, and Brown is the new Pink, what does that make Black?"

Well...then if Denim is the new Lycra...and Polyester is the new Denim ....what does that make Lycra???

GAY

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast