Thread: Warrior Creek

mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Warrior Creek

Whats the word on warrior creek trail in Wilkesboro? Any reviews would be appreciated. I've read that the signs on the trail are incorrect. Going to be in the area visiting family over Thanksgiving and want to burn off some stuffing and not get lost.

Fence guru
    Nov 2008
    It is pretty much just one loop. All signs are correct as far as I know. Fun flowy xc trail with. Lots of Berms. If you get lost out there it would be pretty sad as it cOuldnt be much easier to navigate

"Ride Lots" Eddy Merckx
    There's more than one trail, but not much more. Fun trails for sure and worth the trip.
    "Big Gulps huh?...Allllriggghhht....Welp, See ya later!"

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Sweet, thanks. Is there a map there one could glance at? Or are the trails labeled with signage?

mtbr member
    Warrior Creek was in great condition yesterday! BMCC members were completing two new bridges as we rode .
    The total loop is about 12 or so miles. Go to bmcc.us for up to date info (Brushy Mountain Cycling Club), on the left side of the home page click on "Kerr Scott Trail Guide ".
    At the parking area you must go around the gate arms and up the road (briefly) to a short connector trail that is located on the right side of the road. The connector brings you up to the Warrior Creek loop (here you cross the road that you started out on). At this point there is a sign that lists the loop at 9.5 miles. This sign is incorrect and predates the addition of more trail over the past two seasons.
    Be prepared for fun, swoops, dips, and more swoops ...
    Last edited by Cycling_Chick; 11-22-2010 at 10:04 AM.

The longer the ride - the better the pain

banned
    It's basically 11 miles of BMX track. Not a good loop for anything other than a SS as there is VERY little elevation gain, just short up and downs with berms at every turn. You definitely don't want to take the session.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Thanks. Yeah i'm planning on testing out the new xc bike

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Rode WC for the first time last week. Disney World for cyclists! Single speed would be fun for sure, but I had a blast on my RIP, since we were on the way to Wilson's.
    c

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I rode it this am. The only place I think you could get lost, it riding counter clockwise, would be at the bottom of a jeep road. The sign is knocked over and broken, there is another trail that runs off it. Just go up the jeep road. If riding in the am, it might be a little cold near the lake. The trail also tends to stay damper near the lake. Ride the OVT and hit shiners loop on the return trip.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Sweet thanks for all the info. What's more fun, clockwise or counter clockwise?

mtbr member
    The normal direction is counter-clockwise (same as race direction) It seems more fun to me since you will be going down the rock garden sections versus up and over.
    As mentioned above about a trail leading off at the end of the jeep/doubletrack road, this is called the marley ford trail and is open to bikes. The BMCC club has been doing some recent work on it to make it about 3-4 miles one way(out and back section). Nice addition to the rest of the loop.

Also it is true that there are no long climbs but we tested it the other day on a garmin and came up with roughly 1500' of climbing per lap--not bad!
    By far a great trail and they are making improvments all the time, so give it a whirl and have fun!
    IF IT HAS TWO WHEELS AND A HANDLEBAR...I,M IN!