Not an O2 thief.
    Feb 2004

WANTED: Palmetto Trail .gpx files

It's crunch time for my Palmetto Trail adventure this winter holiday. I'm attempting to ride a FAST pace from the area round Tryon, NC to the coast and I'm in desperate need of gps files. I've emailed the gps guru from the Palmetto Conservation Association, but I have not heard back. I have the files for the final passages from Lake Moultrie to Awendaw, but nothing else....except a poor gps file from a SPOT tracker which is just not accurate enough for me to use with my Topofusion software to develop a good, continuous file.

If anyone has any gps files of any of the segments, I would love to get them from you. Even if it's an out and back you did on one passage, it will help me put together a better file.

If you can help me out, pm me here or just email me at fastmtnbiker@hotmail.com. I'd like to have this file complete by the 15th of this month.
    Roll over the weak and bunny hop the dead!

Blog this...!

El Paso Puzzler 35 or 50 miler

IoC
    mtbr member
    May 2009
    You might want to contact Stephen Janes (Asheville Janes: Search results for palmetto). I think he's ridden most of it.

mtbr member
    The PT is not really a contiguous trail that runs from one end of the state to the other. At least not at the moment. There are several segments here in Spartanburg County. One is up between Landrum and Tryon. Another is at Croft State park and another is south of Croft out near Pauline. Then there is the Enoree passage, which is about 30 miles long. The Landrum section (Blue Wall passage) is not open to bikes at all. The Croft section is only about 3 miles long. The Enoree section is open to bikes. There is a ride report here from a couple of years ago:

Section 2 Enoree Passage of Palmetto Trail

I went down and tried to ride part of it a couple of years ago. The "trail" was basically just some paint on the trees in places. Very hard to ride as it was thick leaves. I don't think it gets ridden very often.

I think if I wanted to do a multi-day ride on a continuous trail, I would be more inclined to look at the Pinhotti trail in GA. But good luck if you do ride it.
    Friends don let friends ride road bikes.
    http://www.facebook.com/mikebmiller