Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Uwharrie

4K views 27 replies 14 participants last post by  upnover 
#1 ·
the first phase of the new MTB trail started back in '09 is scheduled to be completed...by Oct 15 2011 there will be 6 new miles of singletrack, 1/2 a mile in road conversion, rehabbing of currently unsustainable trail, and over 20 rolling grade dips on the Supertree trail section that was widened to support the logging. This work will include over 2300 square feet of rock armoring, some rock retaining walls, at least a dozen in-sloped switchbacks and turns, and over 25 rolling grade dips on the Keyauwee trail...Grand Opening will be on Sat. Nov 12, 2011 @ noon.

#11 ·
Been riding the new stuff. Damn good stuff. Coming off the last hill (counter clockwise) on Keyawee back to the Wood Run Campground is the best stretch of trail I've ridden this year! Perfect repeated de-weighting of the bike at the least and some multi-hoppin' if you're more agile.

#24 ·
I love the new Keyauwee trail..I HIGHLY recommend everyone to get out there and ride...the thing I have a hard time grasping is that they allow hunters there...Im not against hunting but I feel like they need to have their own space to hunt...I just think it's a bad idea to have hunters and bikers in the same general vicinity.

#25 ·
You start complaining about the hunters and I assure you we will lose the most vital support we have: That of the rangers. Watch your step on this issue as the Troy office is really supportive but there are far more hunters than mountain bikers. I'd keep my mouth very well SHUT on this issue. If you don't understand this then you do not at all understand what Uwharrie is all about.

#26 · (Edited)
Yeah...whatever. I will not shut my mouth. You really have no idea what you are talking about.

FayObserver.com - Joggers unaware of hunters along Fort Bragg trail

"Those two areas should not coexist," Cortes said. "It's a tragedy waiting to happen"... then it happened..

Maybe you need to go to this widow and her 2 kids and tell them they need to shut their mouths as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.