mtbr member
    Jan 2011

Two Stolen Mtn Bikes

Stolen mtn bikes: 2 stolen mtn bikes both specialized.

Specialized 2009 Epic Marathon: s# 04090110647
    Silver and blue
    Size: medium
    Bontrager handle bar.
    Mavic crossmax wheel set with WTB Weirwolf tires 2.2
    Computer on the Handle Bars
    Avid Juicy brakes, Sram shifters and rear derailleurs, Shimano Deore XT cranks, XTR casset and pedals, Rock Shock fork, Thompson seat post, black saddle, Specialized saddle bag.
    Four stickers: one on the head tube: Adopt dog, top tube Nitro Fish and back of seat post small Adopt dog.

Specialized 2008 epic marathon: s# 0304008135943
    Black and white.
    Size: medium
    Bontrager race lite stem
    Mavic crossmax wheel set with KENDA small block 8
    Carbon S-works handle bar and S-works bar ends.
    Computer holder on stem.
    Red Magura brakes, Sram shifters and rear derailleurs, Shimano Deore XT cranks, XTR Casset, XTR pedals, Fox fork, Thompson seat post, white saddle.
    three stickers: head tube large Adopt dog and seat post Adopt dog sticker.
    Down tube: rub marks under neither.

Contact Asheville Police Office Dept 828.252.1110
    Case # 11-000103
    Last edited by 2stolenMTBs; 01-05-2011 at 05:24 PM.

Tetris Master
    good luck, but those puppies are gone.
    The Highlander was a documentary, and it was filmed in real time.

banned
    Any other details? Where were they stolen from? Keep an eye on craigslist, they usually wind up on there or in a pawn shop. Good luck, hope you get them back.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Both bikes were stolen from a locked and secured storage until in the Kenilworth area of Asheville. The locks where drilled out, a panel of the door broken out to gain access to snap the door cable in the storage until. Both bike where last seen on Dec 22 and the found missing on Jan 2.
    Last edited by 2stolenMTBs; 01-06-2011 at 10:13 AM.

mtbr member
    I'll be on the look out. I'll also be updating my renters insurance tomorrow!
    My one says BRAP!

"Ride Lots" Eddy Merckx
    Quote Originally Posted by 2stolenMTBs
    Both bikes were stolen from a locked and secured storage until in the Kenilworth area of Asheville. The locks where drilled out, a panel of the door broken out to gain access to snap the door cable in the storage until. Both bike where last seen on Dec 22 and the found missing on Jan 2.
    Jeez...sounds like highly motivated thieves who cased the place before making the move. Would lead me to believe they knew exactly what was in the storage area and they are not dumb enough to put this up on the local cl or pawn shops. Good luck and good for you that you have the serial #'s. I always say I'm going to record my numbers and photograph my bikes but I never do it.
    "Big Gulps huh?...Allllriggghhht....Welp, See ya later!"

Quote Originally Posted by kkjellquist
    Jeez...sounds like highly motivated thieves who cased the place before making the move. Would lead me to believe they knew exactly what was in the storage area and they are not dumb enough to put this up on the local cl or pawn shops. Good luck and good for you that you have the serial #'s. I always say I'm going to record my numbers and photograph my bikes but I never do it.
    I just can't believe they stole 2 mountain bikes from somebody called "2stolenMTBs".
    "The Ice Age is comin', the Sun's zoomin' in..."

-The Clash

Official Cooler Inspector
    E - you beat me to it... I nearly posted something like: "Déjà vu - you just stuck yourself with a bad karma moniker on MTBr".

Another great lost bike contact:

http://www.karmaarmy.com/

Best wishes to the OP.
    WK: What year is this? (Friday, I wish... oh how I wish.)

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    The frames of the two stolen bikes were found today, both bikes have been completely stripped. The frames were found outside under a deck on 43 Caledonia in the Kenilworth area of Asheville. Along with the two frames was another stolen Kona Dawg Deluxe frame, stripped as well.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2stolenMTBs
    The frames of the two stolen bikes were found today, both bikes have been completely stripped. The frames were found outside under a deck on 43 Caledonia in the Kenilworth area of Asheville. Along with the two frames was another stolen Kona Dawg Deluxe frame, stripped as well.
    Yeah like KJ said, these folks have some clue about bikes and bike thievery because they're smart enough not to try to sell the complete bikes - and probably make more money selling parts separately any way. Yuck. Scum bags.
    My one says BRAP!

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Sounds to me like a first rate ass beating might be due in the Kenilworth neighborhood. Post a time and place on here. It could be like a Gathering.