Thread: Tsali Sweetness

mtbr member

Tsali Sweetness

Other than Steve breaking his collar bone, cracking two ribs, taking a chip out of his hip, and having to walk 5 miles out it was a sweet ride.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm not broke but you can see the cracks.

Rick’s Law Of Biking...
    At least two uphills are required for every downhill.

Truth...
    I work to survive, I play to live.

Mind, Body, Spirit...,which one is keeping you from getting better?

Nothing here
    Daym hope he gets better. That looks like it hurts, bad.

pronounced may-duh
    How did he do that?

Kudzu

Tsali?

How'd that happen at Tsali?
    I've gotten air going uphill at Tsali

mtbr member

Don't know...

I was in front and didn't see it and he hasn't a clue, said one second he was ridin', the next he was slidin'. We had just cleared the rocky climb at the top of the right loop, going down, hitting the water bars.

Rick’s Law Of Biking...

Truth...

mtbr member

This just in...

An email update.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Rick’s Law Of Biking...

Truth...

Drinker w/ Riding Problem
    Bet he did it on the Short cut on Right Loop with the Whoopie doos! seen a bunch of carnage on that! second guess would be the loose rocky hairpin coming down the RL overlook clockwise.

colar bone breaks suck...you can never get comfortable while trying to sleep!

white boy extraordinaire
    I know this guy who totally wiped out on those waterbars, experiened rider too. I think that was the problem. Hit it WAY too hard, thinkin, "oh, its tsali". I knocked his a$$ out, seriously.

Glad you took pics, nobody would believe you did that there.

CMW
    "Hey, hey, careful man! There's a beverage here!"

-the Dude

mtbr member

I finally made it here

Ok, for everyone who wants to know what happened to me...It was the most awsome DH ride, I had a grin from ear to ear (can you blame me)...then, I realized I was going just way too fast for my own good. My eyes got big, my smile changed to what should be hidden behind a hockey mask and my grip was on the breaks (both). I needed to slow down and quick, yeah right, just when I knew it was gonna happen it was over. I screamed like a baby in pain. Rickster had to crawl back up the hill to tell me "Get on the bike and see if you can make it out" I tried and oh man, that was not gonna happen. It sucks that I ended the day for me like this, but I refused to let the guys baby me out of the woods. One of the team walked out with me and I thank him for it. The others enjoyed the rest of the day riding...I will be back in the saddle, and I will go back and finish those glorious trails. I might be beaten, but I will not be beat. Thanks Rickster, you have awakened in me a need to feel alive that no one has been able to in oh so many years...

Two wheels are best
    As bad as some sections of Tsali are in need of some TLC...I can understand how folks can get hurt there.

I was up there over the Labor Day weekend and hit the ground on RL going through a BIG muddy section that had a metal pipe crossing it (front tire slid out on the pipe...which I did a crappy job of riding over).
    Never be afraid to try something new.

Remember amateurs built the Ark.
    Professionals built the Titanic.

dead weight
    Dec 2003
    It always sucks when a fellow rider gets worked over. Best of luck with the recovery.

mtbr member

Smile Thanks for the well wishes

I would never wish another rider to go through this. Thanks everyone for passing along the hopes for a full and quick recovery. I will get well, probably not a quick as I want, but non-the-less, I will. I won't let it get me down, winters here are not bad enough to keep me off the bike, I will surely be ready for spring and summer...Thanks everyone and keep the wheels below you.

mtbr member
    Man I am getting bored...it was a perfect day, mid seventies, slight breeze...Grrrr...My bike is looking at me like with a slight hunger for dirt...Three weeks and the most I have been able to do is watch a good movie .
    Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, Fireroads are fun, but Singletrack rules!

mtbr member
    You'll be back in the saddle before you know it. Healing vibes sent your way.
    [SIZE=5][/SIZE]

mtbr member
    He's got to buy a new saddle before he can get back on, Ha, Ha. Sorry.

Rick’s Law Of Biking...

Truth...

mtbr member

It's final. I'm Done.

Yup, went to the doc today and found out that I am done. Four weeks since the bone crusher and everything is just as it was, broken. My spirits, and desire are broken as well. The bones are not rejoining and it really pissses me off! I have to wait another three weeks to get a new set of x-rays and by god it better show some bone re-growth. He said that all of the other scrapes and scratches have healed very quick...so what it is the problem!? I have been taking extra calcium, vitamin D (in mushrooms and supplements cuz I hate milk), and eating the heck outta some veggies for high nutrient meals...

I am gonna give things the benefit of my age, previous unhealthy lifestyle and see what happens.

But OMG, I am really hating this to no end...Lot's of searching on the web and people are riding again in 4-6 weeks, doc tells me another 8-10 minimum L8R G8R
    TTYL

Two wheels are best
    That blows! Sorry to hear it...

Did your doc mention surgery IF it doesn't show some signs of healing soon?
    Never be afraid to try something new.

Remember amateurs built the Ark.
    Professionals built the Titanic.

mtbr member

Wait a sec I may have worded it wrong

I'm not done riding if that's how it came across, I was a bit down that nite and the tone may have been misrepresenting what I meant.

I will be back on the bike! Soon...right now the shoulder feels like it's healing (both parts are starting to move more like one now)...I am going to take it REAL easy for the next couple of weeks and come up with a reason to go back in to the doc early and get things re-checked. Started some light weight lifting on the broken side, only about 5-6 pounds and only in limited ranges of motion (if I feel any soreness I stop)...

I am going to prove them wrong...somehow.

BTW no surgery talk since the first visit, but a mention of a bone growth stimulator (what ever that is)...but my insurance apparently won't pick up the tab for it.