Thread: tsali cabins

mtbr member
    May 2005

tsali cabins

Need recommendations on some nice cabins to rent near Tsali, we will have 5 guys and don't want to drive more than 10-15 min to get to the trails. Thanks.

mtbr member
    My wife and I recently stayed in a cabin from this company in Bryson City - http://www.carolinamountainvacations.com/default.asp

We were very pleased both with the cabin and the level of service...very organized and easy to deal with. Our cabin was about 15 -20 minutes from Tsali...We both enjoyed coming home to a hot tub after a long ride!

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I stayed here:

http://www.watershedcabins.com/watershed_12.phtml

I'd definitely stay there again.

Official Cooler Inspector
    Since this is a Guy Trip, Freeman's Hotel. Pays yer money...

For those who don't know - an extra 15 min drive will get you the new & improved Fontana Village. It is no longer dry inside the village limits, by the way. Call ahead to see what's open during Nov/Dec.

No, I am not "related".

Two wheels are best
    Quote Originally Posted by M-U-M
    Since this is a Guy Trip, Freeman's Hotel. Pays yer money...

For those who don't know - an extra 15 min drive will get you the new & improved Fontana Village. It is no longer dry inside the village limits, by the way. Call ahead to see what's open during Nov/Dec.

No, I am not "related".
    Paula and I stay at Freeman's...in one of the rooms.

They do have some cabins and, IIRC, they have a house close by, as well.
    Never be afraid to try something new.

Remember amateurs built the Ark.
    Professionals built the Titanic.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I've stayed at these cabins for the last 4-5 years:

http://www.watershedcabins.com/

Used to stay at Freeman's till me and my buds got real jobs and decided we were moving up in the world. Got to say, there's nothing like a soak in the outdoor hot tubs after a long ride. It's actually pretty affordable with enough people.

There is a fire road down from Fontana View 1 and 2 that spits you out on 28 not far from the Tsali entrance.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Rowell
    There is a fire road down from Fontana View 1 and 2 that spits you out on 28 not far from the Tsali entrance.
    Oh, might want to shuttle a car down to the parking area unless you just like to climb. The ride down is great, the climb back up leaves a little to be desired, though we have done it....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GregC
    My wife and I recently stayed in a cabin from this company in Bryson City - http://www.carolinamountainvacations.com/default.asp

We were very pleased both with the cabin and the level of service...very organized and easy to deal with. Our cabin was about 15 -20 minutes from Tsali...We both enjoyed coming home to a hot tub after a long ride!

+1
    myself and a few buddies stayed in a very nice cabin thru these folks as well, and we have plans to come back in the spring.
    Drop the excuses and pick up a purpose, b!tches.

mtbr member

Here's an Option...

Ever Considered just staying in the Nantahala Gorge at the Nantahala Outdoor Center (NOC)???

Ben is the head mechanic there and it's only a 5 minute car ride to Tsali from there... They have cabins, rooms in a motel, or just bunks if you want to go the cheap route....
    Besides that, if it's the off season for Whitewater Rafting, you'll have the place to yourself basically...

Look em up...
    www.noc.com