mtbr member

Trails near Spruce Pine/ Little Switzerland?

I'm headed to my mtn house this weekend and am going to take our bikes. Anyone know of any trails in the Spruce Pine/Little Switzerland area?

It's just up the mountain from Marion so trails there may be ok too. The easier the better since I'm taking a friend

Thanks,
    Sanders

thecentralscrutinizer
    I posted a similar question a couple days ago and have not had a response. I too will be in the Spruce Pine area and was thinking of riding fireroads starting at Black Mountain Campground (FS472), going up to the parkway and hanging a left, turning onto FS 2074 and decending back to the campground. Looks like there ae alot of foot-trails in the area, but nothing for bikes. There is one bridal trail that skirts Mt. Mitchell SP that is listed as 16 miles long.
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5
    2013 DeVinci Leo SL
    2009 SE Racing SoCal Flyer
    2008 SE Racing lil Ripper
    2003 TiSport Gman

mtbr member
    There's a Trail Illustrated Map of that area now, Linville Gorge/Mount Mitchell. I'd get it and see what's there.
    Mopartodd- within/ next to the route you are describing is HeartBreak. If you are skilled at map reading, you can ride it- but be very very careful. Plenty of places to turn wrong and lots of tech riding.
    There's more, but I really think the best thing for y'all to do is get the map and go explore!
    Mike

thecentralscrutinizer
    Thanks for the reply. I'll have to see if the local Outdoor Provision store has that map. Probably not. I found out that the horse trail, Buncombe Horse Trail, is off limits to us.

A horse trail is off limits to mountain bikers.

I may just stick to the gravel and paved roads this trip.

Thanks again.
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5
    2013 DeVinci Leo SL
    2009 SE Racing SoCal Flyer
    2008 SE Racing lil Ripper
    2003 TiSport Gman