mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Trails near Pinehurst?

I am going to Pinehurst this sunday to check out a cross race and was wondering if there are any trails near by that I should bring my bike for?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Governors Creek is about 20 minutes north, toward Sanford.

About 5.9 miles, very XC oriented, and a fun trail. check on the "Sanford Trails" part of the trails section of www.trianglemtb.com for more info.

That is the closest and the best legal trail nearby that I know of. Also, Uwharrie is about 45 minutes to the west. Also very XC but a good ride IMO. Somwhat of a "mountain feel" to it, kinda...

Hope it helps.

[edit] since your name is "huckin" clyde, these may not be the best trails for you, but seeing as you're going to a cross race maybe it will be fine....
    I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -- Confucius

mtbr member
    Along with Gov's Creek, there is also San Lee Park trails in Sanford. About another 5 miles worth of single track.

As Bmateo said, these will both be listed on trianglemtb.com under Sanford trails.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Thanks for the replys. I will check out one of those trails this sunday before the race.

mtbr member
    If you only have time to ride one of the trails then hit Governor's Creek. It's closer and less than 10 minutes off US1/15-501 on the south side of Sanford, and a lot more fun to ride in my opinion. And it's better maintained.
    SOFa-Slow old and fat. I'm the founding father.