mtbr member

Trail Work Day 10/21/06

There will be a trail work day 10/21/06 on Squirrel Gap Trail again- meet at the Turkey Pen Trailhead parking lot at 10am, bring your bike, plenty of water, some snacks, and a willingness to work.

There are a few sections where the previous "bench" cut has eroded out down the hill. We will be re-establishing the trail tread, attempting to make it specific to only the designated trail users, hopefully making it difficult for non-designated users to establish an alternate line.

Hope to see you there,

Mike

Official Cooler Inspector
    The current weather image for that day is my personal totem. Sunny & 60 looks good. I plan to be there.

mtbr member
    One day I will make it to a trail workday in Pisgah. . .

I am undeserving.
    BS'ing less, riding more.

Supporting PAS
    Upstate SORBA
    SORBA

mtbr member
    Excellent work day.
    JT, Tara, Van, Mark, and I hit 2 of the 15-20ft sections of trail where the previous bench-cut had eroded down the slope. We re-cut the bench, making what is hopefully a rideable line without changing the technical integrity of this trail. Check it out when you can- and come out for the next work day!
    MIke

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Looking forward to riding the improvements on Squirrel Gap. We'll be there Nov 3,4 & 5. We live 8 hours away (Indiana) or we would be working the pulaski with you.

Thanks for leading the way Mike.