mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Trail Suggestion

I will be in NC next week and hope to have a day off to ride. I will be in Raleigh on Monday and Salisbury on Weds....if I ride Tuesday, what suggestions do you'll have? Pigsah is too far.. Greensboro looks like good between spot. What about Bur Mill in Greensboro? Other options (such as trail in Raliegh or Beach Springs in Concord)? Plan would be to pick up bike Monday and hit trails early Tuesday... also any shops that you rent bikes would be a big help? Thanks in advance for input...

mtbr member
    If you will be in Raleigh, check www.trianglemtb.com forum for the best ride options.
    If you plan to be riding in Greensboro, check your pms.
    Check out the TRIAD (Greensboro/Winston Salem/High Point) Community MTB Bike Forum & Sign up, it's free...
    www.biketriad.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Raleigh Riding

If you get into Raleigh in time on Sunday, definitely check out New Light. Best trail system in the eastern part of the state, hands down. Otherwise, for a Tuesday ride I'd suggest Rocky Road in Raleigh. Beech Spring/Poplar Tent in Concord is ok too, but I'd go for Rocky Road.

I've never ridden in Greensboro, can't comment on Bur-Mil

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I read the reviews on New Light and it looks like a good call but it hunting season an issue now?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Re: New Light & Hunting Season

Yes, its hunting season (for what, I don't know, but its SOMETHING season from mid August until mid May). You can't hunt in NC on Sundays though, so if you get to Raleigh with time to ride on Sunday then you should go check it out. If you can't ride it on Sunday, then don't ride it. You might get shot. You'll definitely jeopardize access (its on state owned game lands, they tolerate bikers so long as you don't disturb the hunters. they will close the land to cyclists if we become a "problem").

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I am sure I'll be fine with an orange vest on!...I never bring a bike to a gun fight...

Finding bikes is tough...Greensboro..nada. Raleigh is Bike Chain but HT only. The guy said Rocky Road was fun though and there were some surrounding trails (warmup) that could make it a full day. So that is the likely call unless I head up to Greensboro and back which seems less likely.

I appreciate you'lls help.