mtbr member
    Sep 2006

trail by the name of rollercoaster?

i read or heard of a new trail somewhere in the pisgah area called rollercoaster. i haven't been able to find anything about it anywhere it seems and i was hoping someone may have some info, or possibly a link. thank you.

Drinker w/ Riding Problem
    Quote Originally Posted by jpk1080
    i read or heard of a new trail somewhere in the pisgah area called rollercoaster. i haven't been able to find anything about it anywhere it seems and i was hoping someone may have some info, or possibly a link. thank you.
    no such animal...some may have referred Greens Lick (Bent Creek) to being like a Rollercoaster...Going up North Boundary i always hear Tink=Tink=Tink=Tink=Tink=Tink (in my head of course)

mtbr member
    There is a trail named Rollercoaster at Haw Ridge, outside of Knoxville, TN. Could that be it? The trail is about a half mile long and has several short, steep climbs and descents.

Official Cooler Inspector
    You might have heard that in reference to Green's Lick in Bent Creek. Brad-o had the same impression from my birthday ride in March. He made this suggestion for the trailhead:
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    ah thanks guys. i wish i could remember where i read about it, but it might have been in reference to either another trail, or the resemblance to a roller coaster. i was hoping maybe there was a new trail somewhere in the area. one of my favorite short rides used to be long branch, before they modified it and supposedly made it better. i wish they woudln't have changed anything as that trail was a good one to go out to end the day. its hard to believe that pisgah doesn't really have any kind of freeride scene with the amount of biking that goes on in the surrounding areas. i assume getting permission from the state, county or whoever to construct northshore style trails would be out of the quesiton?