mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Thank you teachers!

On the last day of Teacher Appreciation Week, I would like to say "Thank you" to all of the teachers in the Carolinas. The pay is garbage, the benefits aren't that great, parents generally don't support you, you haven't seen a new textbook or pay raise in over 7 years, your hands are tied on pretty much everything you do, and you're the scapegoat of a struggling country, but you're making a difference because you love what you do and you love the children. To all the teachers that ride a mountain bike in the Carolinas, thank you!

Big Mac

Thank you teachers!

And a big thanks to all the teachers out there. Even the ones that don't ride a bike.

29er zealot
    Cool! Thanks for the support!

thecentralscrutinizer
    YEah. Way to go teachers! You folks are generally not appreciated by most, but it's the crazy system and the idea that we should cater to the lowest common denominator and not allow our teachers to show what they can really do for our kids.

Bless you all.
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5, custom build
    2013 DeVinci Leo SL
    2009 SE Racing SoCal Flyer
    2003 TiSport Gman

Fight the Kakistocracy!

Re: Thank you teachers!

As a teacher, thanks for the support! Now, if we could get politicians to come on down and teach we me for 6 weeks, I think school funding would be greatly improved and the professionals would get treated as such.
    veelz

Gravity, not just a good idea, it's a law.
    The only one consistently and constantly applied, no exceptions.

Big Mac

Thank you teachers!

I'm not a teacher, but my kind benefits greatly from them. And for that I am forever grateful.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I posted something similar to this on a different forum, and there were over 50 replies. None of them were positive. Every person that replied had something negative to say about teachers. I guess being a teacher here is much more financially difficult than other places, but you guys have restored a little bit of my faith in humanity. I'm just finishing up my 3rd full year teaching in North Carolina, and I can't wait to make more than $30,000. My wife and I are both teachers, and we mathematically can't afford to start a family until they lift the pay freeze or we go on welfare. I didn't post to complain. Thanks again to those that posted, teachers, and the people that appreciate them.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Nice post. I agree with what you've said. My wife is a teacher for 17 years now. She is ready to quit. We've seen many good teachers just up and quit because they're tired of all the BS that they deal with everyday. My wife loves her students like they're her own children and spends so much money on them. I made her get a second savings account because I was tired of seeing all the cash she spends each month for the classroom. I'm glad we got Gov Perdue out of office because she did nothing for the schools.
    I'm in the military so she has taught in NC, VA, and AZ and each year it gets tougher and tougher. Good luck and thanks educators.

Let me step down from the soapbox now.