Thread: Tanasi descend

mvi
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Tanasi descend

How technical/steep are the descends on the Tanasi trails compared with the rocky sections at Fontana ?

Appalachian Singletrack'n
    Tanasi trails are relatively smooth, buff, wide trails. Think Tsali but with hills. its not a tech place at all but it is an incredibly fast system with outstanding flow.

Big ring = No chainsuck
    Yeah, there are a couple of sections that will get you if you come into them too fast not looking, but for the most part it is just really fast and smooth. I'm pretty sure that is one of the best hardtail courses around.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in his shoes...
    That way, when you criticize him you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

I love Pisgah
    Only descents that one should really pay attention would be Thunder Rock Express(loose rocks and such, w off cambers, couple few sharp blind corners with big dropoffs, and FAST the whole time down. And, to a much lesser degree maybe coming down from Boyd Gap since its really fast too and can get dusty blind in traffic and has some loose skitchy turns. The rest are just smoothish roller coaster descents, where over cooking something would be more of a factor then anything.

Altho, theres diff some decent climbs there, Tanasi is one of the few courses where high speed descending skills(ie:railing) can win the day over a otherwise somewhat stronger opponent.

Agree. Not really comparable to Fontana(where I live) w Tanasi being much more buffish, fast and flowy. (edit: )Altho, it is rougher in many sections then many give it credit for otherwise. especially at speed.
    Last edited by Duckman; 04-28-2009 at 09:41 AM.
    "I've breathed the mtn air, man" Johnny Cash

It's a long way to the top
    . . . if you wanna rock and roll (ac/dc)