mtbr member

Swank,P-36,Oramm,Double Dare, Pmbar

I guess these events are a bit difficult but for an event that would make these seem rather easy check out the "Pitchell"......Or the trail run that starts midnight 10/30 at the Mt. Pisgah parking lot and finishes at the Mt. Mitchell parking lot 24 to 36 hours later..
    Umm..next year??
    Anyone care to join me Sunday AM 9:30 at Rice Pinnacle parking lot for a run up to 5-points,Hickory Top over to Explorer then up Sleepy Gap, South Ridge rd then back down Small Creek to the car....
    To keep this bike related ill be pedaling on Saturday thinking about a Nimbus 24" pondering on my ability to learn something new @ 56

mtbr member
    I kind of missed out on catching the running bug. Ran a ton in highschool soccer practices and I was never good at it. I'm not good on the bike either, but it's a hell of a lot more fun. XC skiing is that other cardio sport that I'd like to do more... running is only something I can manage for short distances when the bike is not an option. Does more harm than good for me. I simply do not enjoy it or understand it. Glad they make mountain bikes.

Pitchell is insane. I'd start w/ something more manageable like the shut in and see where you're at. Pitchell sounds like a recipe for disaster if you haven't trained for more than a year for it... I really WANT to like running but for what ever reason I try it, get injured and simply get back on the bike and remember that I'm really just a cyclist.

My one says BRAP!

drunken pirate
    I'm pretty sure Brad Kee made it as far as anyone else at last year's Pitchell

Ultra running is some crazy stuff. I'm not too crazy but I do plan on doing the Art Loeb run this year. It should be good training for the p-36
    More Trails, Not Less

Adventures in Pisgah

mtbr member

Already..

Quote Originally Posted by plume
    I kind of missed out on catching the running bug. Ran a ton in highschool soccer practices and I was never good at it. I'm not good on the bike either, but it's a hell of a lot more fun. XC skiing is that other cardio sport that I'd like to do more... running is only something I can manage for short distances when the bike is not an option. Does more harm than good for me. I simply do not enjoy it or understand it. Glad they make mountain bikes.

Pitchell is insane. I'd start w/ something more manageable like the shut in and see where you're at. Pitchell sounds like a recipe for disaster if you haven't trained for more than a year for it... I really WANT to like running but for what ever reason I try it, get injured and simply get back on the bike and remember that I'm really just a cyclist.

Ian,
    Already in Shut-in and am looking at a "Loeb-otomy" for summer solstice. Pitchell is insane for sure but lots of folks i know do it and finish around 16-24hrs.
    Kellie is a great "instructor" for me when it comes to running and in the ancient history of the late 70`s through mid-eighties i was able to get 10 milers knocked out in just over an hour.
    However, bicycles are just more fun......

Gabe.....
    I gotta witness to the fact that running makes you faster on the bike................Lately "Troll" is killing me. I suffered deep keeping him in sight on Black Mountain this weekend.
    "Roll your own..........." http://smokebikes.com/