Thread: Swank 65

mtbr member
    Jun 2010

Swank 65

is there anyone out there that can give me some insight as to what I can expect at Swank this year? This is going to be my first go at Swank. I was able to pre-ride most of the ORAMM course in May, and that gave me an idea of what to expect. Not prepared, but what to expect. I have never ridden Pisgah before so this to will be a first.

mtbr member
    Expect some very technical trails (roots/rocks) that will also be covered in leaves, probably wet leaves to add insult to injury. I'm signed up too, never done the race before but I have ridden all the trails. Farlow gap, which is part of the race is a huge fireroad climb followed by one of the most challenging trails in pisgah. Don't expect to be able to hold your typical mph averages on this course. Good luck and have fun. Sam Koerber is probably going to do it in 3 hours - I won't even be to the top of Farlow by then!!!!!

mtbr member
    And you will get your feet wet, so wear some wool socks.
    Friends don let friends ride road bikes.
    http://www.facebook.com/mikebmiller

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Farlow is insane. The rocks shift under your tires. Daniel Ridge is super fun, it is a welcome change after Farlow.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Is Farlow at the beginning of the race, or near the middle. How does it compair to Curtis Creek?

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    It is in the middle. FR 229 (I think) leads to the connector trail for Farlow. 229 is much steeper than CC, it is also only about 3 miles long.