mtbr member

Suggestions for finding 2012 Shimano XT Brake Pads Locally in WNC or Upstate SC

I was changing out my brake rotors today for some new ones, and realized that I forgot to order new brake pads for them. I hate to run the old pads on the new rotors, plus they are probably 80% worn.

I figured since the trails are to wet to ride tomorrow, I would take the opportunity to make my rounds to the local bike shops in the area. Does anyone know which shops would be the most likely to carry the new Shimano pads with the cooling fins on them? I think they are Shimano F03C pads, but I would take the resin pads as well if I could find them (F01C ?)

I bought my bike from Liberty Bicycles, and will probably check with them, but I was also thinking of the following as possibilities:
    (All input on likelihood of them carrying the pads welcome)

Motion Makers - Asheville
    Carolina Fatz - Asheville
    The Hub in Brevard
    Sycamore Cycles in Brevard
    Sunrift Adventures in Travelers Rest SC
    The Great Escape in Greenville
    Carolina Triathlon in Greenville
    Sunshine Cycles in Greenville

Are there other shops in the general area that would be more likely to have them?

Thanks for the input.
    2011 Trek Rumblefish 1

mtbr member
    Liberty is great at stocking parts, esp. for bikes they've sold. If not, they'll get what you need in super fast. ThEy'z professionals.

clk
    mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Fatz probably has them also. Worth a call

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Fatz def. has them. I bought some last week.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the replies. I started out at Liberty Bikes, and bought the Pads there. I will say I was surprised at the 50.00/set price tag though. I left there and went by Carolina Fatz, since I hadn't ever been there, and there were 2 suggestions for there. I left there having spent near 200.00 on stuff that I really didn't need yet, but would eventually. I must say Jason is quite the talker :-)

He spent the better part of an hour talking with me about anything and everything that I had questions about. It was a very refreshing surprise to actually feel appreciated as a customer, even though initially I was just a potential customer. I will be making more purchases from his shop in the future.

I am not knocking other shops, because I have been treated very warmly at Liberty, and others, but I have also felt like it was a chore for them to have to help me when I was trying to buy something.
    2011 Trek Rumblefish 1