mtbr member
    Mar 2006

SORBA Workday- Sat. May 11 from 9AM until

SORBA Workday- DuPont State Recreational Forest
    May 11- 9AM until
    I am hosting a workday in DuPont May 11 starting at 9AM. Meet at Guion Farm parking and plan to ride bikes into the worksite. The project site is a bit remote and it will take 20+ minutes to get there on bikes.
    We will be working on upper Grassy Creek Trail doing a road to trail conversion to deal with standing water and mud issues. Recent contracted work included several relocations of steep eroded trail and has provided for some new sweet single track (instead of eroded old wide roadbed). Our work will begin above the relocation work and continue up to the junction with Joanna Rd.
    We plan to work through the day to get the job done, but folks are free to work any schedule that works for them. If you canít make the 9AM meeting time, no worries just come when you can. Need to leave at a certain time to go do something else, feel free. I will be there all day and hope to have some company and help throughout as folks trickle in and out. To get to the site from Guion parking: Tarklin Branch Road to Wintergreen Falls Trail and then left onto Grassy Creek Trail, you will find us near the top.

What to bring: Riding gear with work gloves, better footwear in your pack if desired, glasses, water, and lunch/snacks. All tools will be provided and we will haul them in from the top. Let me know if there are questions: trailwisdom at gmail.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Weather looks good at this point for the workday, needless to say this past weekend was a bit on the wet side.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Here is a photo of current conditions of the project site. Old road is holding lots of water, and needless to say we have had plenty of rain adding to this situation. Our road to trail conversion project will solve this.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Thanks Woody for hosting the trail workday at Dupont! I hope you got some after pictures of the work. It looks a lot better than the before for sure. As always it was a great day to work in the woods!

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Along For The Ride View Post
    Thanks Woody for hosting the trail workday at Dupont! I hope you got some after pictures of the work. It looks a lot better than the before for sure. As always it was a great day to work in the woods!
    I will post up some after photos from today. Completely dry now and riding great. It will be closed for a few more days and then open back up and ready for prime time.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006