banned

Upset Slow week? Right?

I can hardly work knowing that I'll be riding at Windrock Sunday
    Its got to be like Thursday already
    There running shuttles Saturday and Sunday all day
    So girt-up your loins and put on your armour and get your a-ss over to Windrock,Tennessee and huck some northshore *****!

Quote Originally Posted by motobutane
    I can hardly work knowing that I'll be riding at Windrock Sunday
    Its got to be like Thursday already
    There running shuttles Saturday and Sunday all day
    So girt-up your loins and put on your armour and get your a-ss over to Windrock,Tennessee and huck some northshore *****!
    Windrock again? I thought you were gonna ride Sally instead.
    "The Ice Age is comin', the Sun's zoomin' in..."

-The Clash

mtbr member
    Sounds like Windrock might have been "fun" Sunday... Give us a report!
    Last edited by Dscarbs; 10-25-2010 at 03:50 AM.

banned
    When we got there we noticed that there seemed to be alot of injury's from Saturday . 75 riders showed up Saturday, there was a huge raffle( I-9 wheels,Armor, Helmets).
    Sunday was Cruso414's first Windrock experience, after the first run he had some information overload and had to take a 5 minute break to download all the "nar" that he saw on his first run.We ran the lower section that splits into 10-15 different trails.This place makes Farlow Gap seem like Patton Ave.

Second run......half way down he started gettin in a groove and hucked off the side of a ladder drop and drifted into the loose dusty chatter on the side of the trail and washed out. As he was going down he stuck his leg out and "POP" there goes the knee

Me and Huckdaddy- Bmbass- did a few more runs to honor Cruso's first time at Windrock, while he iced his wound.
    I saw 6 flat tires, one tacoed rim and several other broke bikes, you better have a 40lb+ 8 inch travel tankbike cause Windrock would gobble up a xc bike!

Its got what plants crave
    My crew broke a bunch of stuff too. A leaky brake, blown out brand new Marz 66, a broken DOPE brake mount, and Jay completely wrecked his chain guide casing a small gap on Snakerock, and Larry also tore open the lowers of his RS Totem in a wreck. I managed to escape major injury and bike breakage despite wrecking 3 times on Old Windmill.. that trail is unbelievable. After taking a few runs I loosened up and tuned my setup a little better and was feeling more confident. I hit most all of the features on Snakerock which I was pretty pleased about. Hopefully I'll have some pics and vids soon. I saw a lot of really hard wrecks and broken stuff. People were riding hard and some people were absolutely pinning it out there. I'm impressed, and had a great time.
    Ocala Mountain Bike Association - www.omba.org

Third Degree Hater-Fu
    Hope you rode Southern Rocks, which gave me this souvenir. And no, I did not wreck...just rolling along it ate it.
    Same happened to Mooney. It took half of his Gamut bash guard, but we rode out together upright....weird.

I am not a "Role Model"

banned
    When we got there we noticed that there seemed to be alot of injury's from Saturday . 75 riders showed up Saturday, there was a huge raffle( I-9 wheels,Armor, Helmets).
    Sunday was Cruso414's first Windrock experience, after the first run he had some information overload and had to take a 5 minute break to download all the "nar" that he saw on his first run.We ran the lower section that splits into 10-15 different trails.This place makes Farlow Gap seem like Patton Ave.

Second run......half way down he started gettin in a groove and hucked off the side of a ladder drop and drifted into the loose dusty chatter on the side of the trail and washed out. As he was going down he stuck his leg out and "POP" there goes the knee

Me and Huckdaddy- Bmbass- did a few more runs to honor Cruso's first time at Windrock, while he iced his wound.
    I saw 6 flat tires, one tacoed rim and several other broke bikes, you better have a 40lb+ 8 inch travel tankbike cause Windrock would gobble up a xc bike!
    C
    Who is this cruso414 person that you speak of?

Either way, he has an appointment with an orthopedist in the morning.....it's not sounding promising for much winter riding. Just this cruso fella's luck, gets a 50lb Turner beast with 8 inches of travel and the first 12 foot drop he hits, BAM his knee explodes.

The great thing about it is that cruso414 won the award for having the heaviest bike at windrock. Second place went to the guy who nearly cut his man member off in a crash.

Windrock is by FAR the nastiest stuff east of the mississippi.

Props to Moto for hitting the wood to wood gap for the first time, BIG AIR BABY!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim311
    Larry also tore open the lowers of his RS Totem in a wreck
    My totem was a casualty as well... was puking some serious oil after the first few runs. I just took it into SEX all covered in oil and as I walked through the door Kevin said, "Let me guess, Windrock!" Haha, That place is good for his business, he had a few others getting nursed from their battle wounds attained at fall fest.

Southern Rocks makes Farlow look like explorer loop.

Which section is Southern Rocks? I think I rode most of what's out there this weekend I just can't really put a name to some of it. We definitely broke a ton of stuff and wrecked a lot but had a blast. I will invest in a pressure suit if I head back there for sure.

banned
    Me and bmbass rode southern rocks trail for the first time Sunday and uhhhh its fricking unbelieveable, it reminds me of.......nope there's no comparison, just think boulders.Were you riding the frame you sold, Butch?

Hey Jim311 we were parked across from ya'll Sunday-I remember the skinhead guy yelling about the new Marz 66 puking oil,there was a gray tundra and a van on the corner- the guy in the van broke his brake caliper off, yeah-yeah now its all coming back,I must have hit my head, we were in the green (99) toyota forerunner And I can't keep-up with which trail I'm on most of the time which one is Old Windmill? is it in the lower section? Holler when your coming back this way and we'll shuttle till we run out of gas!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Which section is Southern Rocks? I think I rode most of what's out there this weekend I just can't really put a name to some of it. We definitely broke a ton of stuff and wrecked a lot but had a blast. I will invest in a pressure suit if I head back there for sure.
    Trail to the far, far right when descending from half-way point that doesn't have any dirt on it.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bmbass
    Trail to the far, far right when descending from half-way point that doesn't have any dirt on it.
    Thats funny no dirt

mtbr member
    Riding my bike on Patton Avenue is much more dangerous than Farlow.
    That is all.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Brown
    Riding my bike on Patton Avenue is much more dangerous than Farlow.
    That is all.
    Lookout... badass alert. So you're the one I saw huck the Patton Ave bridge on a rigid singlespeed

banned
    Lookout... badass alert. So you're the one I saw huck the Patton Ave bridge on a rigid singlespeed
    No, that was me.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Haha, should've known. Good luck with your appt tomorrow. Let me take that turner to hawksnest

banned
    Haha, should've known. Good luck with your appt tomorrow. Let me take that turner to hawksnest
    I told you that you could ride it since I won't be riding anything for the next little while. Just remember that it might be way too much bike for you. 8.5 inches will boldly go where no man has gone before.

banned
    I'm giving her all I got Captain!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Me and bmbass rode southern rocks trail for the first time Sunday and uhhhh its fricking unbelieveable, it reminds me of.......nope there's no comparison, just think boulders.Were you riding the frame you sold, Butch?

Hey Jim311 we were parked across from ya'll Sunday-I remember the skinhead guy yelling about the new Marz 66 puking oil,there was a gray tundra and a van on the corner- the guy in the van broke his brake caliper off, yeah-yeah now its all coming back,I must have hit my head, we were in the green (99) toyota forerunner And I can't keep-up with which trail I'm on most of the time which one is Old Windmill? is it in the lower section? Holler when your coming back this way and we'll shuttle till we run out of gas!
    Did we ride together? I do remember seeing a green 4runner, although I don't remember anything about who was riding in it.

banned
    Did we ride together? I do remember seeing a green 4runner, although I don't remember anything about who was riding in it.
    I was the guy sitting in the green 4runner with my leg hanging out the door. I only got in 1 1/2 runs in before my knee exploded. Guess maybe I should have rode the DHR a few times before attempting the gnariest shite east of the rockies.

banned
    We also had time to make this video Sunday, Follow the link and turn up the volume!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru2Dp...layer_embedded

Best rap video evar.