mtbr member

Sad State of Affairs-Bent Creek

My first time in the Pisgah and I'm bummed by the USFS or whoever.

Beautiful climb up Ingles to the Top, then a great descent along Little Hickory Top, really enjoying it, then.........muddy, destroyed, downed trees, general nastiness.

Coasted/walked/slogged through a mile or so of the ruined trail til I finally got to Sidehill.

Certainly didn't ruin my day, but it was a really nasty jolt to the great flow I had going to that point.

What's up with logging in that area?

mtbr member
    Edit your post, Little Hickory Top is closed until the beginning of next year due to logging. Anyone caught in that area will be fined.
    [SIZE=5][/SIZE]

Drinker w/ Riding Problem
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xPneu
    My first time in the Pisgah and I'm bummed by the USFS or whoever.

Beautiful climb up Ingles to the Top, then a great descent along Little Hickory Top, really enjoying it, then.........muddy, destroyed, downed trees, general nastiness.

Coasted/walked/slogged through a mile or so of the ruined trail til I finally got to Sidehill.

Certainly didn't ruin my day, but it was a really nasty jolt to the great flow I had going to that point.

What's up with logging in that area?
    You must have missed the sign at the top that read Trail closed due to logging. (little Hickory and Sidehill at both ends have signs planted in the middle of the trail)

whats up with the logging... it's a research forest. they're obviously researching something. it truly is a shame.

last week we were up there, going up IFG, and there was never, ever a mudhole problem on Ingles Field Gap...other than the wet rocky section that was rebuilt (i prefer the old stretch)... but i'm talking sink to your hub mudholes... well there were a couple where the newly graded mess just pools water...what a mess. did notice though that Greenslick is starting to roughen up a bit, it was great, some rocks are actually making their way to the surface...

mtbr member
    Yup. Greens Lick is definitely becoming a lot more fun.

mtbr member
    I believe- somebody correct me if I am wrong- that this is the final, last, ultimate stage of the logging/research project that started 3-4 years ago and led to the change on Sidehill from trail-like to gravel road. The contractor did not fullfill their end of the bargain regarding clean-up of slash, drainage, etc and is just now correcting actions.

I've been on vacation- is there any visible evidence of the Baldwin Gap logging from N. Boundary yet?
    Mike