mtbr member
    Mar 2011

Riverbend Park near Taylorsville

Anybody know anything about the trails there? I've got to go down to a dance competition for my daughters and thought I might try to get away and get a ride in. Is it worth checking out since I'm already so close? Any info about the trails would be helpful. Thinking I might just drive back to Wilkesboro but thought it might be nice to check out something new since I'm close. Doesn't have to be the best trail but if it's decent I'll head over there. Any other suggestions for trails near Taylorsville?

Thanks
    Bryan

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Roughly 12 miles of total trails, the singletrack Blue and Red routes are about 4 miles each (Green is doubletrack). Definitely fun for a few hours of riding - roots, some rock and a good bit of climbing plus nice views as the park borders the Catawba River. Ride the loops in the opposite direction for more fun. Bathrooms and water at the parking lot.

The park has tons of potential for future trails with great terrain features in its 450 acres plus the management is keen on trail expansion and getting more mountain bikers to visit.

Enjoy!