mtbr member

recommend apartments in Asheville that make good home bases for slaying teh gnardog

edit. getting ahead of myself with this question and edit to keep it ummm more bike specific. havnt landed the job yet but have a good prospect. subject sort of says it all
    Last edited by ride the biscuit; 04-18-2014 at 02:49 AM.

Big Mac

recommend apartments in Asheville that make good home bases for slaying teh gnardog

Hmmmm.

mtbr member
    edit..keeping it umm bike related
    Last edited by ride the biscuit; 04-18-2014 at 02:44 AM.

Rogue Exterminator
    Well your search criteria is pretty broad. Nobody knows price, bedrooms needed, where this supposed job may be, etc.

This might help though.

Let me google that for you

Then pick the gnardog you want to slay and move next to it.
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

mtbr member
    was sparse on deets because I didnt want to rule anything out if ppl had really positive exp. all prospective but i think it looks good if i go for it

prospective job would be central close to Aville High. would likely be coming and going from gville a lot at first so something close or even on the corridor south would probably take precedent over proximity to mtb (all fairly close enough I guess)

as far as the other deets more just looking for good value, clean, pool a big plus, responsive mgmt, but:

2 or 3 BR and probably would want something in the 800-1000 range (this may be temporary if decide to buy) i sort of assumed the selection wouldnt be too huge anyways since even greenville doesnt really have a ton of viable appts if you are selective on location

i get the LMGTFU but google reviews on appts are useless IMO. theres always that one person that saw one cochroach at even a really pretty nice place and then slams the place and the management.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ride the biscuit View Post
    was sparse on deets because I didnt want to rule anything out if ppl had really positive exp. all prospective but i think it looks good if i go for it

prospective job would be central close to Aville High. would likely be coming and going from gville a lot at first so something close or even on the corridor south would probably take precedent over proximity to mtb (all fairly close enough I guess)

as far as the other deets more just looking for good value, clean, pool a big plus, responsive mgmt, but:

2 or 3 BR and probably would want something in the 800-1000 range (this may be temporary if decide to buy) i sort of assumed the selection wouldnt be too huge anyways since even greenville doesnt really have a ton of viable appts if you are selective on location

i get the LMGTFU but google reviews on appts are useless IMO. theres always that one person that saw one cochroach at even a really pretty nice place and then slams the place and the management.

Subscribe to iwanna.com. Pay attention to craigslist. Your best rentals in that price range are going to privately owned. 2-3br homes are renting for 1000-1500 minimum, apartments not much lower. It's ridiculous.
    If you want to live in a complex for some reason, there are several off Hendersonville Road that usually have vacancies, are decently clean and managed, and are accessible to both the higway, your work, and an easy drive to riding.

Big Mac

recommend apartments in Asheville that make good home bases for slaying teh g...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Brown View Post
    Subscribe to iwanna.com. Pay attention to craigslist. Your best rentals in that price range are going to privately owned. 2-3br homes are renting for 1000-1500 minimum, apartments not much lower. It's ridiculous.
    If you want to live in a complex for some reason, there are several off Hendersonville Road that usually have vacancies, are decently clean and managed, and are accessible to both the higway, your work, and an easy drive to riding.
    +1 on the south end of town. It's Asheville's version of urban sprawl. And though I would personally never live there, it does meet your criteria. Lots of apartments out there.

mtbr member
    thanks guys, thats exactly the kindof advice i was going for.

i lived just south of SF for 11 years so my notion of what things should cost is permanently shot anyways, and will obv evaluate cost of living/quality of life before decisions are made

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mbmb65 View Post
    And though I would personally never live there
    any special reason that may be relevant to me or i should know about or just boring and too far from action?

Big Mac

recommend apartments in Asheville that make good home bases for slaying teh g...

Quote Originally Posted by ride the biscuit View Post
    any special reason that may be relevant to me or i should know about or just boring and too far from action?
    It's very different than other parts of Asheville. Perhaps that doesn't matter to you. In fact, it's probably the least Asheville like part of town. It's more akin to Atlanta than Asheville. Some love it, some hate it. Lots of chain stores/restaurants.