Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Rogue Exterminator

This really is BS

Makes no sense to force the Inn to close. Even if it is on leased land, it is still a private business.

Blue Ridge inn's act of defiance lasts about 2 hours
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

mtbr member
    Agreed, total bullshit. This is strictly political posturing. It's the same as when a City millage doesn't pass, the Mayor immediately lays off Police Officers, and puts the Fire Truck up for sale, but keeps his secretary on staff.
    Pisgah Area SORBA

Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    ... your idea of technical may be much different than other peoples idea of technical.

CrgCrkRyder
    Apr 2007
    I agree. If they can afford to send out rangers to block the guy's private business, then they should not mind compensating him and his employees for the lost revenue. Political posturing seems to rule though. And a dose of spite.
    http://s227.photobucket.com/albums/dd66/CraigCreekRider
    Its Jake - From State Farm. What are you wearing?

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    then why can the Appalachian Mountain Club still operate its hut system in New Hampshire. Those huts are on NFS land with many using trail-heads (with toilets and water) that now should be closed.
    Appalachian Mountain Club News: October 2013

banned
    Aug 2013
    27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0">

Pisgah-Pale-Alien
    My nephew from Florida had Wash Creek Group campsite reserved for a party of 30 this weekend. They called Thurs night to be sure all was good, ranger assured him it was. After dark Friday night with everyone set-up, another ranger shows up to kick them out. They asked for and were granted at least the one night so they could move everyone the next morning in daylight. Goes to show the rangers don't even know what to do with this mess.

Rogue Exterminator
    Thank you sasquatch for posting the video that is already contained in the link I posted.

That sucks about being kicked out.
    Those sites could very easily be allowed to be used too.

This shut down is BS.
    The worst part of course is all the men and women that need their paychecks.
    Of course that isn't good enough so they are going to make it as painful as possible for everyone else that they can.

banned
    Aug 2013
    Thank you sasquatch for posting the video that is already contained in the link I posted.

No problem, some people don't surf well.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    This morning I saw a news article that said they have blocked off pullouts on a highway that has views of Mt. Rushmore. There was another about some huge area in Florida where they are attempting to close the ocean to fishing and recreation. "Change You Can Believe In!"

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by noassatall29 View Post
    This morning I saw a news article that said they have blocked off pullouts on a highway that has views of Mt. Rushmore. There was another about some huge area in Florida where they are attempting to close the ocean to fishing and recreation. "Change You Can Believe In!"
    How are the rangers getting the fish out of that area?

Government agencies are doing thing to make sure the public feels the pain. Pretty sure that Barrack or Michelle are not riving the kids to school or cooking for them.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    It's not Obama that shut down the government. That would be the Republicans that are choosing not to do what they were elected to do, which is vote on a budget.

mtbr member
    I'm not a fed, but my paycheck is being affected by this mess anyway. However, I've heard feds discussing what needs to be done in some of these situations, and it has never been about posturing or making anyone else "feel it". It is always about what they are required to do, by law. However, the law isn't always clear in this situation, so they err on the side of caution (also called CYA). Possibly losing a few paychecks is bad enough, but losing a job for misinterpreting or not following what the law requires is worse.

MAYBE some of the politicians want others to feel it, but I really doubt any of these working class feds have it out for anyone.

$0.02

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainbiker24 View Post
    It's not Obama that shut down the government. That would be the Republicans that are choosing not to do what they were elected to do, which is vote on a budget.
    Of course, you are right, but how do you convince people who believe that Obama care is about taking your guns that?
    On MTBR, the reputation is infamous.

mtbr member

This really is BS

I'm neither democrat nor republican but from what I've read and seen is that Obamacare is a bad deal and after investigating it I've found that to get the same coverage I have now would cost me hundreds more a month. Also it's been reported that the republicans have proposed several bills allowing most of the government to re-open but the democrats want all or nothing. Raising the debt ceiling is the stupidest thing we could do and I fact the senator Obama voted against raising the debt ceiling when it was 8 trillion dollars and it's now 17 trillion and now it's ok?!? Ummmmm no! When you print more money or more accurately currency because money is legal tender backed by gold or silver and our currency has not been since 1975. Printing more devalues the dollar and gives way to rampant inflation.
    Chances are .. You're full of !$@&?

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerth View Post
    I'm neither democrat nor republican but from what I've read and seen is that Obamacare is a bad deal and after investigating it I've found that to get the same coverage I have now would cost me hundreds more a month. Also it's been reported that the republicans have proposed several bills allowing most of the government to re-open but the democrats want all or nothing. Raising the debt ceiling is the stupidest thing we could do and I fact the senator Obama voted against raising the debt ceiling when it was 8 trillion dollars and it's now 17 trillion and now it's ok?!? Ummmmm no! When you print more money or more accurately currency because money is legal tender backed by gold or silver and our currency has not been since 1975. Printing more devalues the dollar and gives way to rampant inflation.
    Where's the Thumbs Up or Like button?

mtbr member
    I wondered how long it would take for this to degrade to a Dems vs. Republican debate.. but since it has let's focus on the real issue which transcends party affiliations, rather than the smoke and mirrors...

Pisgah Area SORBA

... your idea of technical may be much different than other peoples idea of technical.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I work in health care, manly with people who have been kicked off their insurance because, well, because the insurance companies can and do. I also work with low income people to find health care and whom cannot afford health insurance, but will be able to with the ACA (Obamacare).

I am apolitical, but I do know letting the insurance companies run roughshod over people when they need help the most is abhorrent. The ACA is not perfect, but we, as a nation, have to start somewhere to improve our health care system for ALL Americans.

I did notice on my ride today that people are still camping in the road side spots, at least on the Forest Service roads from Bent Creek to the Yellow Gap / US 276 intersection. By the time I got back to Bent Creek via 276 and the Parkway I was in need of some health care.

Rogue Exterminator
    Those who blame one party over the other is simply ignorant to the facts.

Rogue Exterminator
    Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch on 1206 View Post
    No problem, some people don't surf well.
    Yeah, but if you can edit that out so it doesn't start playing every time somebody opens the thread, or makes a new post, that would be great.

Rogue Exterminator
    The inn is reopen.

Greetings Pisgahteers,
    we would like to thank the National Park Service for working with us through all of this mess. We will re-open today Wednesday October 9,2013 at 5PM. We are now booking rooms starting tonight, if you have reservations for this month they are still valid unless you call and cancel. Our gift Shop and Country Store are up and running now.The colors are beautiful and the Parkway is open. We look forward to having our guest back up here. See Ya Soon,
    Rob

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    So roadside campsites in the Ranger district are definitely still open/legit?

mtbr member
    Those who blame one party over the other is simply ignorant to the facts.
    qfmft. Regardless of the color of their tie, they are all self-serving douchebags.
    Pisgah Area SORBA

mtbr member

This really is BS

Quote Originally Posted by jerry68 View Post
    qfmft. Regardless of the color of their tie, they are all self-serving douchebags.
    And the sad thing is WE keep putting them back in office!
    Chances are .. You're full of !$@&?

Rogue Exterminator
    And the sad thing is WE keep putting them back in office!
    The sad thing is they keep giving us poor choices.

mtbr member
    And the award for best political comment ever on a mountain bike board goes to......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast