-G-
    dirt camper
    Nov 2005

New question here. Raleigh Trails Info Needed

Posting this for a friend who is working in Raleigh for a couple weeks

What are the best trails around town for an intermediate XC rider who hasn't ridden a whole lot lately? What are the good trails that you can ride after work near Raleigh? Are there any group rides in the evenings before dark?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Geoff

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    check out trianglemtb.com/yabbse and look for the thread Mon/Wed rides. They go out of Crabtree which should fit him well. I think the Wed. is a little tamer than the Mon. ride. There is (sometimes) a Thurs. endurance ride as well

-G-
    dirt camper
    Nov 2005

thanks!

I guess I missed the earlier post. She checked out that site and is going to ride New Light and Beaver Dam. Looks like fun...wish I was riding up there, too. You guys seem to have some nice trails in the area.

mtbr member
    Tell your friend to ride Beaverdam first. If that's a push for her at all, then have her check out Lake Crabtree Park. If Beaverdam isn't a problem have her hit New Light next. It's shorter but a harder trail. More technical with quite a few more roots, rocks, ravines and steep climbs.

Have her post up on Trianglemtb and we'll be glad to show her around. There's lots more trails worth visiting that are not "officially" on the website.
    SOFa-Slow old and fat. I'm the founding father.

-G-
    dirt camper
    Nov 2005
    Thanks for the thoughts. She rode Beaverdam yesterday, had a great time. Is going back again to get to one trail of it she didn't have time to ride. Then, yeah, I think she's wanting to hit New Light once she's rolled every piece of dirt at Beaverdam. She was rather complimentary of the trails. I'll tell her about posting on TriangleMTB, might be something closer to ride. Thanks!