Thread: Raleigh NC

mtbr member

Raleigh NC

I will be at a trade show in Raleigh NC next week (November 14th and 15th), any recommendations for a local trail l could ride during my visit? I'll need to rent a bike and helmet as well so any info will be appreciated.
    John Salvaggio
    2012 Kona Unit

mtbr member
    look at TriangleMTB.com, your source for mountain biking in Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill they have all the answers to the type of trail you are looking to ride in that area.
    We Can't Stop Here...This Is Bat Country.
    Out Of Step.

Rogue Exterminator
    You are just a few hours from exceptional trails here in Western NC.

So if you have an extra day to spend, I would head over to either Asheville and ride Bent Creek or towards Breverd and ride Dupont.

Personally, I like Dupont a little more and for a tourist, it does have better scenery but that is a matter of opinion. If you do that, Sycamore Cycles has some nice bikes to rent. You could also try The Hub.

dog
    sit! stay!
    both previous posts are true... the trails in the Brevard/Asheville area are about 3 - 4 hours away from Raleigh, though...

Anyway, there are some places to rent in the Raleigh area...

these guys rent bikes for instance...

Rentals and Demos - Cary, Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Apex - The Bicycle Chain

depending on where you are staying there is probably a decent trail within 20 min. Many trails are not listed at the web site provided in Dresdenlock's post... post up at that forum and you will get a few volunteer guides i'll wager...
    i need to develop my crashing skills...

mtbr member
    May 2005
    If you do not have a lot of time, check out Beaver Dam on trianglemtb.com

mtbr member
    if you like trails that are technical then about 30 mins south in Sanford is San Lee...it just been redesigned in a few places...alot of fun to ride..and it keeps ya on your toes.
    Out Of Step.

Dirtbag Medic
    Quote Originally Posted by Dresdenlock View Post
    if you like trails that are technical then about 30 mins south in Sanford is San Lee...it just been redesigned in a few places...alot of fun to ride..and it keeps ya on your toes.
    How is the San Lee trail? I'm in Fayetteville and thats not too far of a drive if its worth it...
    I mostly just skim the important bits

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by "Doc" View Post
    How is the San Lee trail? I'm in Fayetteville and thats not too far of a drive if its worth it...
    I think its one of the hardest trails in the area..its alot like the Uwharrie trails but more tech in spots and not as long climbs..I like it because it is a challenge..and the new parts they have are alot of fun..they have a BMX type section- (jumps)...that is still being worked on..but the trail is not for the beginner..it is more of an intermediate and above.
    Out Of Step.