over my head

... and if we just ... Raleigh in February?

Hey North Carolinans ! (?)

I am travellin to Raleigh (from Massachussetts) the 3rd week of February. I have never been to your fine state - Im travelling with the wife and three kids but Id love to sample some of the riding while Im there. Is there a local shop you could reccomend that would rent me a nice bike and point me in the right direction?

Im looking for some aggressive / technical XC type of trails and like to rent 5" or 6" FS ride (or maybe even a 29" - never tried it).

Thanks for the input - we're under about 3 feet of snow here with another foot coming tonight...it would be nice to look froward to a ride somewhere new!

thanks again,

BM
    If a little is good...a lot must be great!- B.J. McVane
    '08 Highline;'06(?) 5-Pack;'04 Specialized Enduro; '94 GF Tassajara

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    try http://thebicyclechain.com/ - i am pretty sure they rent FS and 29ers - $75 a day i think

this has all the trail info - personal favorite - beaverdam or link up crabtree and 286

email me for more specifics on trails if you want

mcd
    uh, uh...oh, i forget
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bullymadison

I am travellin to Raleigh (from Massachussetts) the 3rd week of February. I have never been to your fine state - Im travelling with the wife and three kids but Id love to sample some of the riding while Im there. Is there a local shop you could reccomend that would rent me a nice bike and point me in the right direction?

Im looking for some aggressive / technical XC type of trails and like to rent 5" or 6" FS ride (or maybe even a 29" - never tried it).

Thanks for the input - we're under about 3 feet of snow here with another foot coming tonight...it would be nice to look froward to a ride somewhere new!

thanks again,

BM
    our aggressive/tech isn't what your aggressive/tech is, you won't "need" a 5/6 inch ride around here, for more info and more hits check out our local board at www.trianglemtb.com and look/post in the forums.... and just so ya know, most of our local trails are open or closed depending on weather....
    disclaimer: i (NO LONGER) live with my mom...

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bullymadison

BM
    You sir would like to ride New Light. Unfortunately, it is only open Sunday in Feb. There are lots of folks who could show you around on tmtb. Use the link posted by mcd and you will be golden.

B

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Follow MCD's advice, and post on Trianglemtb.com. Best resource.

NewLight would be good, as would San Lee Park (40 minutes south of raleigh), and several other optoins.

Post on TMTB...
    I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -- Confucius