Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Possbily transplanting to SouthEast NC area

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  chef7734 
#1 ·
Hey Guys and Gals,

It looks like I may be transplanting from New Hampshire to southeast NC. Curious as to the type of riding I can expect to find down there and what some of the best places might be or if I am going to to be in a long haul to find the good stuff. Are there any facebook groups for mountain biking in SE NC?

I will say that my style of riding is mostly rigid singlespeed on technical and flowy singletrack.

Any info would be great and much appreciated.

#3 · (Edited)
SE side of the state is flat. (Assuming you mean coastal).

The further west you go in the state the more technical the riding gets but your idea of technical may be much different than many of the people in this regional forums idea of technical.

#4 ·
By SE I am looking at the Wilmington area. I just want to know that I can put my wheels to decent singletrack at least once a week without driving across the state. I dont need painful climbs and killer downhills. just some good solid singletrack. I figured I would be in for flat stuff... must be good singlespeed trails in the region.

#8 ·
Thanks guys. good info so far. I think when i get down there this spring (house hunting) I will make a point to stop by the LBS as well. I watched some of the videos on sirbikesalot and some of the trails look fast and flowy which would be awesome on my rigid ss.

#11 ·
It's more like a 7 hour drive to Asheville from Wilmington.
If you re-locate there, celebrate what's there too! Amazing surf/ocean/tide waters/ etc for your fishing/ paddling be it standing or sitting/ surfing hiking birding divingwhatever!
Seriously...I could live at the beach or in a green area on the map (aka lots of public land), but nowhere else. Evidently, I like being outside in nature...whodathunkit?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.