Thread: Pmbar?

mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Pmbar?

So the PP website had PMBAR as going on sale Feb. 1, now it's shown as "sold out". Anyone know what gives? Is that standard procedure for PP events- i.e. they'll go on sale "around" when Eric says they will?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by timdvm View Post
    So the PP website had PMBAR as going on sale Feb. 1, now it's shown as "sold out". Anyone know what gives? Is that standard procedure for PP events- i.e. they'll go on sale "around" when Eric says they will?
    If you know this "Eric" character why not ask him?

Official Cooler Inspector
    I follow PP on Face Bookie. There was a recent update in event registrations and I notified a few folks. Unsure what other logistics are involved with the web site. Maybe KOP "trump" the other?

"Joining the King of Pisgah series is now the only way to enter the 2013 PMBAR."
    JF:That's the bootleg I have been looking for my whole life!

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusSommers View Post
    If you know this "Eric" character why not ask him?
    Because I don't know this Eric character, I know of him as the organizer for PP. Just thought I could get some insight.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Sorry, I thought you were kidding, since you called him out. I think it had to do with receiving the permit, or an internet hack attempt.

Wasn't trying to give you a hard time, I can see how it would be frustrating. You can volunteer to run a checkpoint, that is still fun.

When did you get here?!?!
    Tim,

The site was hacked during the transition between the 2012 and 2013 information. We were unable to update as new information came available. Sorry. We sent emails via active and my gmail racer lists and updated regularly on FB letting as many people as possible know about the sooner than originally announced on sale dates. Sorry you were not on those lists.
    Feb 1 has been the earliest that we've received the permits in the past so the Feb 1 date was a placeholder date on the site. It should have read 'PMBAR goes on sale the instant we get the permits, usually around Feb 1.'

Eric
    You can please some people sometimes but you can't please all the people all the time.
    ERIC'S RIDE LOG

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by pisgahproductions View Post
    Tim,

The site was hacked during the transition between the 2012 and 2013 information. We were unable to update as new information came available. Sorry. We sent emails via active and my gmail racer lists and updated regularly on FB letting as many people as possible know about the sooner than originally announced on sale dates. Sorry you were not on those lists.
    Feb 1 has been the earliest that we've received the permits in the past so the Feb 1 date was a placeholder date on the site. It should have read 'PMBAR goes on sale the instant we get the permits, usually around Feb 1.'

Eric
    Thanks Eric. Wasn't trying to "call you out". As someone relatively new here, just trying to figure out how it worked. I've heard and read great things about PP events, and was thinking about taking the plunge on this one. Don't think I'm ready for Double Dare, so maybe next year.

Tim

When did you get here?!?!
    Thanks Eric. Wasn't trying to "call you out". As someone relatively new here, just trying to figure out how it worked. I've heard and read great things about PP events, and was thinking about taking the plunge on this one. Don't think I'm ready for Double Dare, so maybe next year.

Tim
    Tim, You should check out the other off-road events we're having this year, too. The 111K and the 55.5K. There are still plenty of spots (as of 1/30) available for both.

Pisgah Productions

and no worries, I'm NOT new around here and have gained a rather thick skin because of it...
    You can please some people sometimes but you can't please all the people all the time.
    ERIC'S RIDE LOG