mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Planning to move to Jacksonville...

As the title said I am planning on moving in are around the Jacksonville area in the next month are 2, and I am looking for some nice riding areas to go to are even a couple XC races would be nice.

Jamin, Applesause, No?

Wink question or statement ?

Quote Originally Posted by jetrek
    As the title said I am planning on moving in are around the Jacksonville area in the next month are 2, and I am looking for some nice riding areas to go to are even a couple XC races would be nice.
    Dude, You have had 168 + people look at your question and not one reply. Sorry that your question sucked so bad no body wanted to respond to it. So I thought I would .

Responce to your question: Oh I see.... You put no Question marks in your question so nobody responded to it. I bet if you put a couple question marks in there people could then feel free to respond to it. Or you could put some demanding statements in there like " Hey you guys, you betta tell me about mountian biking in this area!"

BTW - You're welcome.

mtbr member

Connect with these rednecks...

mtbr member
    I haven't been to Jax in years (lived there from '96-02), so I may not be of much help, but I remember there used to be a guy named Sir Bikesalot that ran a trail down around Wilmington.

Ah, here he is: http://www.sirbikesalot.com/

Still surfin in my 60's.
    Croatan National Forest has a lot of sand roads running all over the place. Google Croatan national forest and get all kinds of info.
    So you think you can jump!

Still surfin in my 60's.
    Sir Bikes-A-Lot, where did you find those hills in Brunswick Nature Park? All the land I've ever seen down East is flat as a pancake. Actually having been up and down 133 I know you have some "unflat" country. Hope to get myself and my son-in-laws down there soon. Have yo lost any bikers to alligators yet?
    So you think you can jump!

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    jetrek, did you move here yet?

Down around New Bern there is some singletrack in the Croatan forest. The best I've found so far is the Island Creek Forest Walk, which is open to bikes. There are maybe 10 miles of trails there, about 6 if you run just the perimeter, and the north and east sides have some short climbs and descents classed as Intermediate. Very rooty, but better than riding on flat ground or staring at pavement (IMO).

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Go to Graham Swamp in Flagler County. Takes 40 minutes to an hr. from to get there depending on what part of Jax you live in. Waaay more fun and challenging than Hannah Park and well worth the trip.

Read my review in the trails section.