mtbr member

Pisgah trail conditions?

Can anyone give me a update on trail conditions in Brevard area? I have had a trip planned for Sunday A.M. and don't want to make the drive if it is going to be a total mess. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    We have received quite a bit of rain last night and early this morning. The sun is now out and the wind is blowing fairly well. Generally, the conditions here in western NC have been wet since mid January, I rode at Bent Creek Wednesday afternoon and the trails were so, so, rideable, but wet. You might try contacting Sycamore Cycles or Back Country Sprots, both shops are at the entrance to Pisgah.

Official Cooler Inspector
    Depending on the area you are going and how familiar you are with the trail - you might run across some new dead fall. Keep that head up! We had very high winds last night, not alot of rain in the Asheville neighborhood. Bent Creek locals reported all was pretty normal with a few limbs down up high.

Have fun.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by M-U-M
    Depending on the area you are going and how familiar you are with the trail - you might run across some new dead fall. Keep that head up! We had very high winds last night, not alot of rain in the Asheville neighborhood. Bent Creek locals reported all was pretty normal with a few limbs down up high.

Have fun.
    Thanks for the help guys. I'm headed to the North Mills River area. Probably ride Trace ridge area and then over to Laurel Mtn.

Jackass
    Jan 2004

Checkin' out the weather charts, eh?

How many miles you thinking about doing? Interested in having someone along?
    I was planning on doing big miles at DuPont tomorrow, but riding alone sucks.
    As far as trail conditions - I'm more worried about all the snow from last weekend.
    Anybody know if that's gone yet?

Send me a PM if you'd like to meet up.

Zak B.
    No hairSShirts.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    The snow from the last storm is gone, temps. for the last couple of days has been above freezing, today it was in the low 70's for a few hours. Also, any snow that may have been lurking in the shadows was likely melted by the rains of last night and this morning.

I HUCK WITH CHUCK
    I hope you went, it wasnt bad at all. I rode pisgah both today and yesterday. Trails were great, especially today.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThoughtfulPirate
    I hope you went, it wasnt bad at all. I rode pisgah both today and yesterday. Trails were great, especially today.
    Yes, we went and it was great. Trail condition were generally real good with a few wet spots. The weather was perfect. It was the first time I had ridden the unnamed trail that shoots off of Laurel Mtn. down to Yellow creek. Drops like 1200-1300 feet in only a mile. I've said it before and I'll say it again Pisgah is hands down the best riding in the eastern U.S. if not the whole country. I can't wait to go back.