Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by c_mack9 View Post
    It was 3 years ago on 4th of July weekend. I can't remember why it was closed but they weren't letting anyone ride the trails. Bent Creek is even more mellow than DuPont, isn't it? Might ride there first day for a little warm up, then ride DuPont, then go ride whichever one the wife likes best on Monday.
    My opinion would be that Bent Creek lies somewhere between DuPont and Pisgah, as far as climbing and terrain. There are definitely trails at Bent Creek that are somewhat easy, while there are others that are much harder.

I base my assessment on your statement about rough climbing. Now if you mean technical climbing, then Bent Creek will not be bad at all, but if you mean elevation gain, then I think DuPont will be better for you. Personally, I would spend a few hours at Bent Creek. It is worth it.
    2011 Trek Rumblefish 1

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy G. Parrish View Post
    Bent Creek was closed? I didn't think they closed. When was this? It's worth it if you have yet to ride it.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMTBer View Post
    My opinion would be that Bent Creek lies somewhere between DuPont and Pisgah, as far as climbing and terrain. There are definitely trails at Bent Creek that are somewhat easy, while there are others that are much harder.

I base my assessment on your statement about rough climbing. Now if you mean technical climbing, then Bent Creek will not be bad at all, but if you mean elevation gain, then I think DuPont will be better for you. Personally, I would spend a few hours at Bent Creek. It is worth it.
    Yeah, I really enjoyed DuPont. I'm not a huge fan of technical climbs. I'd rather go fast.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Banjopickin View Post
    Good to know... I thought it was volunteer work.

Wonder why they didnt clear the two large trees blocking the trail?
    They cleared them.
    He/she who works the trails does so in their own image.

Speed just slows me down...

Big Mac

Pisgah Trail Conditions

Quote Originally Posted by c_mack9 View Post
    It was 3 years ago on 4th of July weekend. I can't remember why it was closed but they weren't letting anyone ride the trails. Bent Creek is even more mellow than DuPont, isn't it? Might ride there first day for a little warm up, then ride DuPont, then go ride whichever one the wife likes best on Monday.
    BC doesn't close. Who told you that you couldn't ride? Who is "they"? It would be near impossible to "close" Bent Creek. Too many access points and access issues. Not to say that you should ride there during nasty times, but the place doesn't just "close". And yes, BC is maybe more technical than DuPont, but a great intro to pisgah proper.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mbmb65 View Post
    BC doesn't close. Who told you that you couldn't ride? Who is "they"? It would be near impossible to "close" Bent Creek. Too many access points and access issues. Not to say that you should ride there during nasty times, but the place doesn't just "close". And yes, BC is maybe more technical than DuPont, but a great intro to pisgah proper.
    There was a controlled burn that closed select trails IIRC.

Big Mac
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Brown View Post
    There was a controlled burn that closed select trails IIRC.
    Yah, I recall that happening a few times, but even still, it was just a specific area that was closed. They also closed specific areas for a murder investigation at one time.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456