mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Pisgah SORBA Trip Oct. 6th-8th

All,

The organized Sunday rides for our Pisgah SORBA Chapter have been growing nicely. In just a month we've ridden Bent Creek, The Fish Hatchery, Davidson River and Tsali with an average of about 10 riders weekly. I expect to see this grow and attract both veteran and new advocates of the greatest sport in the history of mankind - no hyberbole, just fact. Come rain or shine these rides WILL BE HELD. Consistency is going to help us grow. There's never an excuse on a Sunday morn to roll over and go back to sleep when there is a definite fun ride going on.

Contact me if you'd like to help me with the planning and guiding of these rides.I could truly use an old hand or two as I am a transplant that's been riding these parts on vacations for ten years, but lacks the intimate knowledge of the locals.

This Sunday at 10 we'll be at the Rice Pinnacle lot at Bent Creek - so show up and support Pisgah SORBA. Designer beers after ride.

In order to have time to plan, I'm anouncing that the Pisgah SORBA ride for the weekend of Oct. 6-8 is actually a road trip to the Chilhowee Challenge and Festival to support our sister SORBA chapter out of Chattanooga and to partake in a whole weekend of rides and camaraderie at a fabulous ride scene - Chilhowee and Ocooe. One day we'll have our own festival, I'm sure, so let's plan now to help out the Tennessee folks and show 'em how we represent. It's only a hundred or so miles, so start working on car pools. Info for the fest is at www.sorbachattanooga.org/index.php?source=events The price for the fest is an amazingly low $20 for SORBA members, $25 for non. Their limit of participants is fairly low. You can register from their website.

Trails,

Mike Hiers

pronounced may-duh
    This Chilowee fest looks pretty cool. I see they are having night rides Friday & Saturday nights sponsored by light and motion. Light and motion is providing demo lights for people to try out. This would be a good opportunity to try night riding for the first time. Also they are having all the classic festival games like a log pull contest, bunny hop contest, Time trial race, and even a bike toss contest.

The Chillowee trails look pretty sweet. Link to video

mtbr member
    It is on our calendar but no promises...life has been getting in the way of riding lately!

Thanks for the video link, Maida, makes it even more inticing!

XC Champion
    May 2006
    Do you guys have a route planned yet for this weekend? It's hard for me to do a bunch of the xc style stuff on my 45 lb bike but if a trip down Greens Lick is involved, I'd love to start getting in on these rides and show more support to SORBA.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Fish Hatchery Sunday

Hi,

We won't be doing Green's Lick this weekend, but stay tuned to this site and pishagareasorba.org for our ride schedule.

This weekend we meet at the Fish Hatchery at 10 am for about a 20 mile ride, both climbing and descents.

Trails,

Mike