mtbr member

Pisgah ride 10/14/2006

I am trying to rally some troops for an all day jaunt through Pisgah this Saturday. I have no idea what route yet.

Maybe trace ridge/bent creek/laurel pilot action. . .

Maybe time to ride everything at the Hatchery that is open. . .

Who knows. Leaving early from wherever and not getting back for a long time. Any takers?
    BS'ing less, riding more.

Supporting PAS
    Upstate SORBA
    SORBA

Its got what plants crave
    I hope to be there on Saturday but it's up in the air. We might not get there until Sunday afternoon...

Go Hokies!
    Feb 2006
    Count me in.

aka greyranger

weekend

Got a group coming from Chicagoland area(5 of us) for the weekend Ricko is the ringmaster, so I don't know what he has planned for us. I thought he said Bent Creek, will be out on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Heads up Flyboy!!
    If the foster care class falls through and all my new drivetrain parts show , I'm in. If not its another road ride Sunday afternoon.

Jeremy

paintbucket
    Saturdays suck for me, but it sounds like there might be a few people up for an early Sunday afternoon ride. Yes? No?
    When the going gets weird its bedtime.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wooglin
    Saturdays suck for me, but it sounds like there might be a few people up for an early Sunday afternoon ride. Yes? No?
    I will be there for an early morning Sunday ride. However I won't be around in the afternoon. I think Joe is going to be down for a Sunday ride as well.

Supporting PAS
    Upstate SORBA
    SORBA

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by redranger
    Got a group coming from Chicagoland area(5 of us) for the weekend Ricko is the ringmaster, so I don't know what he has planned for us. I thought he said Bent Creek, will be out on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
    BradO, told me that you guys were headed down. Do you know where you are staying yet? I am hoping to throw a tent down (don't worry its small) and have some brew ha ha's with you guys Saturday evenining. Let me know.

Supporting PAS
    Upstate SORBA
    SORBA

mtbr member
    Ok so apparently there is some interest here. So I will post up a few routes and let the democratic society decide.

First thought of a route would be:

Fish Hatchery ---> 475B ---> Caney Bottom (whoops I mean Cove Creek) ---> 475 ----> That road to Farlow ---> (we could throw in Summey Cove before Farlow but I haven't ridden it and don't know the best way) ---> Farlow Gap ---> Daniel Ridge (if people still have some left) Butter and Long Branch.

Ok that's the first thought of a ride. I will post more options later.

Supporting PAS
    Upstate SORBA
    SORBA

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by extrmtao
    Ok so apparently there is some interest here. So I will post up a few routes and let the democratic society decide.

First thought of a route would be:

Fish Hatchery ---> 475B ---> Caney Bottom (whoops I mean Cove Creek) ---> 475 ----> That road to Farlow ---> (we could throw in Summey Cove before Farlow but I haven't ridden it and don't know the best way) ---> Farlow Gap ---> Daniel Ridge (if people still have some left) Butter and Long Branch.

Ok that's the first thought of a ride. I will post more options later.
    Another idea:

Trace Ridge trailhead ---> Bent Creek ---> Greenslick ---> Trace Ridge ---> Fisherman ---> 1255 ---> Laurel mtn ---> pilot

Supporting PAS
    Upstate SORBA
    SORBA

aka greyranger
    Send a PM to Ricko, he knows where we are staying, I do know its a campground, sorry not much help.

mtbr member

No problem

Quote Originally Posted by redranger
    Send a PM to Ricko, he knows where we are staying, I do know its a campground, sorry not much help.
    My plans have changed slightly. I won't be camping Saturday night or doing a ride Sunday. Only the original Saturday ride stands.

Supporting PAS
    Upstate SORBA
    SORBA

Ride Instigator
    Quote Originally Posted by extrmtao
    BradO, told me that you guys were headed down. Do you know where you are staying yet? I am hoping to throw a tent down (don't worry its small) and have some brew ha ha's with you guys Saturday evenining. Let me know.
    Staying at Black forest CG down near Dupont. Riding Dupont Friday, BC Saturday, not sure where we're gonna ride Sunday. I'l PM you with more contact info.

mtbr member

Not to Democratic

Ok since nobody really has any opinions on where we go or what we do I guess I will decide.

Dave,

Looks like you are the only one commited right now. Hopefully I am going to have my geared bike set up for this one so we can beat the miles into submission.

I am thinking Trace Ridge trailhead ready to ride @ 8:30 Saturday morning.

Peace.

Supporting PAS
    Upstate SORBA
    SORBA

Go Hokies!
    Feb 2006
    I'll be there. I have to get ready for the swank, so the mileage will be good. I will probably park down on the main road / campground and just bike up to the trail head. I may have someone with me (far stronger rider than i am).

mtbr member

Sounds Good

Quote Originally Posted by David George
    I'll be there. I have to get ready for the swank, so the mileage will be good. I will probably park down on the main road / campground and just bike up to the trail head. I may have someone with me (far stronger rider than i am).
    I will park at the bottom as well and ride up. Same time around 8:30.

Supporting PAS
    Upstate SORBA
    SORBA

When did you get here?!?!

I'm in.

Hey 'mater, I'll be there. Where exactly are you parking? The bridge on 1206 at NMRC? That's better than the horse trailer turn around in my opinion.
    You can please some people sometimes but you can't please all the people all the time.
    ERIC'S RIDE LOG

Go Hokies!
    Feb 2006

Yes...

That is where I usually park.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pisgahproductions
    Hey 'mater, I'll be there. Where exactly are you parking? The bridge on 1206 at NMRC? That's better than the horse trailer turn around in my opinion.
    E,

Good to here you are headed out. I will meet you all at the Bridge in the morning.

Peace.

Supporting PAS
    Upstate SORBA
    SORBA

Jackbooted Elitist Hipstr

I might get there

I'm lobbying the family for the day off and think I'll be successful. I may have to bail out early, but would love to get in some (or all) of the ride.

8:30 sounds great.
    Dirtbag since '89

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Singletrack Pig
    I'm lobbying the family for the day off and think I'll be successful. I may have to bail out early, but would love to get in some (or all) of the ride.

8:30 sounds great.
    We will be headed back by the cars after the first half of the ride so that shouldn't be a problem.

FYI, bringin' the gears cus my SS is out of comission right now.

Supporting PAS
    Upstate SORBA
    SORBA

luvsingletrack

Count me in...

I'm up for a nice chilly fall ride. Anyone (STP,PP?) leaving from Asheville wanna carpool? I can take one comfortably, or two if I remove the ol' baby carseat. If I don't hear from y'all, see you at 830 at the bridge.

Heads up Flyboy!!
    Looks like my class fell through and I found some extra parts. See you at NMR at 8:30.

Jeremy

Jackbooted Elitist Hipstr

Stupid snooze bar!

Yeah, well, I obviously didn't make the 8:30 rally. I finally made my way down at around 10:30 and rode from the CG up to the top of Laurel Mtn and back down. I thought I might run into y'all but it didn't work out. Beautiful day, hope you had fun.
    Dirtbag since '89

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Singletrack Pig
    Yeah, well, I obviously didn't make the 8:30 rally. I finally made my way down at around 10:30 and rode from the CG up to the top of Laurel Mtn and back down. I thought I might run into y'all but it didn't work out. Beautiful day, hope you had fun.

You missed a good ride. Next time. . . Next time. . .

E has a report up on his site. Peace.

Supporting PAS
    Upstate SORBA
    SORBA