Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Goat of Legend
    Reputation: mountaingoatepics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,973

    Pisgah Fish Hatchery Saturday11/09

    Lookin to ride the seasonals then some for about 4 hours or so at the hatchery on Saturday. Meet 12:30 pm in the parking lot.

    Jeremy

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: allan8147's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    108
    Will slowpokes like me be able to hang or is this gonna be a hammerfest?

  3. #3
    Goat of Legend
    Reputation: mountaingoatepics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,973
    Come on out and have some fun. I'm not gonna be hammering it. We'll regroup at the top of the climbs and bottom of the DH's. I'll be bringing along a fairly new rider who can hang. Expect roughly 20 miles or so.

    Jeremy

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mike Brown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,911
    12/9, right??
    Anyway, J, working on deck with the dude I'm paying Sat, but Sunday, I'm going to try to talk E into some exploring...you wanna come?

    Anybody else up for some high elevation hard work Sunday?



    Mike

  5. #5
    "Ride Lots" Eddy Merckx
    Reputation: kkjellquist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    656
    Mike, I could be down for a long ride Sunday....drop me a line or stop in to the shop today. kkjellquist at gmail dot com

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: plume's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,506
    must be nice^


  7. #7
    Goat of Legend
    Reputation: mountaingoatepics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,973
    12/09/2006 at the hatchery tis was I meant. Just me now, as my buddy dropped out. Thanks for the heads up on the date, Mike. Getting to close to another year flown by.

    Jeremy

  8. #8
    Goat of Legend
    Reputation: mountaingoatepics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,973
    Ended up being a great ride by myself! What I found of great interest though is a 100 yd long trail of blood on the upper reaches of Daniel Ridge. Never found a body, human or otherwise so I'm hoping it was a deer, sorry Bambi.

    Jeremy

  9. #9
    Jackbooted Elitist Hipstr
    Reputation: Singletrack Pig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    747

    Saw it too!

    Chris Davis and I were up there Sunday and noticed the blood too. There was a lot of it. I was afraid it was an injured biker, but then I tasted it and it realized it the blood of an Ursus americanus, likely a young male.

    There was nobody out on the trails- just fast and perfect. Sorry we couldn't get together.
    Dirtbag since '89

  10. #10
    When did you get here?!?!
    Reputation: pisgahproductions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,679
    Quote Originally Posted by Singletrack Pig
    but then I tasted it and it realized it the blood of an Ursus americanus, likely a young male.
    Dude! That's Gross... or Hard Core... I can't figure out which....
    You can please some people sometimes but you can't please all the people all the time.
    ERIC'S RIDE LOG

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: extrmtao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,271
    Quote Originally Posted by pisgahproductions
    Dude! That's Gross... or Hard Core... I can't figure out which....

    I am still amazed by the fact SP finished a ride. . .

    Ohhhhhhhhhh, I know that was wrongggggggggg but somebody had to say it.

    BS'ing less, riding more.

    Supporting PAS
    Upstate SORBA
    SORBA

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mike Brown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,911
    Quote Originally Posted by pisgahproductions
    Dude! That's Gross... or Hard Core... I can't figure out which....
    Gross.

  13. #13
    Jackbooted Elitist Hipstr
    Reputation: Singletrack Pig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    747

    Rotten tomato!

    Quote Originally Posted by extrmtao
    I am still amazed by the fact SP finished a ride. . .

    Ohhhhhhhhhh, I know that was wrongggggggggg but somebody had to say it.

    Hey now, I only failed to finish one ride! I did however fail to start several.

    When I ingested the blood of the great bear I was filled with the strength of ten men (ten malnourished octogenarians).

    And I'm not gross, I'm just training for Eric's next "special test", which I hear may involve live animals as the only allowable food source.
    Dirtbag since '89

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: extrmtao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Singletrack Pig
    Hey now, I only failed to finish one ride! I did however fail to start several.

    When I ingested the blood of the great bear I was filled with the strength of ten men (ten malnourished octogenarians).

    And I'm not gross, I'm just training for Eric's next "special test", which I hear may involve live animals as the only allowable food source.

    That's fair.

    Special tests are my specialty.
    BS'ing less, riding more.

    Supporting PAS
    Upstate SORBA
    SORBA

  15. #15
    Official Cooler Inspector
    Reputation: M-U-M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,608
    And I'm not gross, I'm just training for Eric's next "special test", which I hear may involve live animals as the only allowable food source.



    SP = Spoiler.

    Since you leaked the "special test", that means E's has to spend additional time looking up regional insects with specific wing patterns, larva colorations and leg counts. Geeze SP - this is the World Wide Web. Get a grip!

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mb3designs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,234
    Quote Originally Posted by M-U-M
    [I]


    SP = Spoiler.

    Since you leaked the "special test", that means E's has to spend additional time looking up regional insects with specific wing patterns, larva colorations and leg counts. Geeze SP - this is the World Wide Web. Get a grip!

    .................
    [SIZE=5][/SIZE]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •