Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

piranha pit cherry point

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  patrick2cents 
#1 ·
Anyone ridden it lately? Conditions? Any group rides? I just moved to morehead and need to ride. PM me if you want to ride or have other trails you want to share with a serious rider. Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
Anyone out there? I need to ride and would like to stay localish. I know I could go to lejeune and ride the brig trail, but cherry point is just so close and I can get on base, Dept of the Interior employee. Some of you must have ridden the piranha pit here. I had a pretty solid group of riders when I was living up in Pennsylvania, I would like to get that back down here.

Also very willing to help build and maintain. Built a few pump tracks in the years too.

#3 ·
Well I'm just going to have to be a pest until I have a good ole group to ride with again. If you live around morehead, havelock, swansboro, beaufort, emerald isle.... message me to ride. Singletrack, dirt jumps, pump tracks, bmx, park, I ride everything except skinny tire.

I'll build, maintain, and do trail cleanup. Hit me up or post up on here with some riding.

#4 ·
I've ridden it but I wouldn't call it lately. It was about a year ago. I do remember it being a fantastical trail and well worth the drive down for me (from Raleigh). There's a lot of guys around to ride with. Hit up one of the area shops and see if they have any rides planned.

#6 ·
Yea, I've ridden with thos guys a time or two, they're pretty cool. The mountain bike group has a forum of it's own as well.

Fat-Tire-Underground - Index

The main guy on there is Jeff who is a mechanic at "The Bicycle Shop" here in Jacksonville. They've built a new trail at Lejeune, the "Henderson Pond Trail". The brig trail is all but gone now due to construction. Never been to the "Pitt", but I hear it's in so so shape. Most people ride the Hendo trail now.

There are two main shops in Jacksonville now, "The Bicycle Shop", which deals mainly with Trek and Cannondale brands, and "The Bicycle Gallery", which deals mainly with Specialized and Felt. Both shops are pretty good and have group rides for both road and mountain. Bicycle Gallery is actually owned by the two sons of the couple that own The Bicycle Shop.

#8 ·
Just saw Jeff the other day riding at Henderson Pond. The Pit is alive and well, there are a few of us that ride and maintain it (and build stuff, the base XO hasn't been the most cooperative, but it's sort of a live and let live attitude)... if you don't have base access it can be a pain to get to.

btw, a number of us ride there during the week on lunches and after work... let me know if you are interested.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.