pronounced may-duh

PAS sunday group ride.

This sunday there is a Pisgah Area SORBA group ride at the Trace Ridge trail head. The ride is open to all skill levels. You don't need to be a SORBA member to enjoy the ride. If your interested please be at the parking lot at the Trace Ridge trail head at 10:00 AM on Sunday 8/13/06.

I can't make it cause I'm going camping at tsali with the family I rode with this group at bent creek last week and judging by all the smiling faces we had a very good time. To all that do go, have a great time

Work Shed...
    Ooh OOh, how long do you expect it to be? Im totally there..
    It's not hip hop, it's electro.....

mtbr member
    electro is good. so is riding bikes in pisgah!

Official Cooler Inspector
    Depending on who shows up, we'll break into two groups. I will lead the shorter route for newbies or those with time constraints. The more advanced folks could be looking at 3+ hours, depending on your chosen route.

To anyone who wants to attend - please be sure you have a helmet, a bike in ridable condition, an extra tube specific to your tire/rim type, water and a snack.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Directions ot trail head

Howdy,

I am planning on attending, coming up from Greenville, what is the best way to get to the trail head? I appreciate any help.

RT

Drinker w/ Riding Problem
    Quote Originally Posted by wrtaylo
    Howdy,

I am planning on attending, coming up from Greenville, what is the best way to get to the trail head? I appreciate any help.

RT
    Directions sent chk email! super easy, sorry can't go, next one , promise

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Thanks

Brad,

Thanks!!

The 5spot is all ready, I was gonna take the RFX, but I am not quite as fast on it yet, and i dont know the terrain, so I will take ole reliable.

BTW: I rebuilt the SS tonight with a suspension fork, so I am ready for some SS at Issaqueena. Monday?

RT

Drinker w/ Riding Problem
    Brad,

Thanks!!

The 5spot is all ready, I was gonna take the RFX, but I am not quite as fast on it yet, and i dont know the terrain, so I will take ole reliable.

BTW: I rebuilt the SS tonight with a suspension fork, so I am ready for some SS at Issaqueena. Monday?

RT
    How'bout tuesday? Sonya works late on Mondays eves, so it'll have to be tuesday or wednesday, that work?

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Gotta Check

Brad,

I will have to let you know Monday.....Sarah is in Fargo, ND, and should be getting back Tuesday sometime. I will shoot you an email.

RT

mtbr member
    Howdy,

RT
    Ha! Same here.
    Appreciate directions from Gville.

ps I don't know much about Brevard.

Thanks for any help.
    Lou.
    04 Stumpjumper FSR Pro
    Airborne Ti HT
    Trek Rigid SS - No suspension, no gears....no problem

Official Cooler Inspector
    Nice to meet you Lou! You have a really hot car, by the way.

Sorry you had to head out early. The second session was full of excitement: broken glasses, bees nests, swimming in bike shorts. Just a typical day in Pisgah really.

Is there anything that makes you want to wash you bike more than scent of horse poopied mud? That makes two detailed washes this year. I hope I don't hurt the bike with all this soap!
    Last edited by M-U-M; 08-13-2006 at 06:28 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

10:47

That is the time that I finally found trace ridge.....

9:15 ish....that is the time I entered Pisgah national forest......

Sorry I missed ya'll, I tried my darndest, but I just missed you. I got so lost........went straight instead of taking a right. Kept going, and going, and going.......

Oh yeah, I got stung in butt right out of the parking lot.....to add injury to insult

Ended up just calling it quits, went to southside and rode a couple of laps there to vent my frustration with my horrible sense of direction.

Next time....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by M-U-M
    Nice to meet you Lou! You have a really hot car, by the way.

Sorry you had to head out early. The second session was full of excitement: broken glasses, bees nests, swimming in bike shorts. Just a typical day in Pisgah really.

Is there anything that makes you want to wash you bike more than scent of horse poopied mud? That makes two detailed washes this year. I hope I don't hurt the bike with all this soap!
    Thanks. Who knew a Taurus wagon could be all the rage?

Great ride. Had a good time meeting and riding with all of you.

That is the time that I finally found trace ridge.....

9:15 ish....that is the time I entered Pisgah national forest......

Sorry I missed ya'll, I tried my darndest, but I just missed you. I got so lost........went straight instead of taking a right. Kept going, and going, and going.......

Oh yeah, I got stung in butt right out of the parking lot.....to add injury to insult

Ended up just calling it quits, went to southside and rode a couple of laps there to vent my frustration with my horrible sense of direction.

Next time....
    That first right when you get in the forest (5000?) came up real quick. Even after that, I thought I had gone too far and then I finally hit that left turn over the concrete bridege. Didn't think I'd ever get there by 10 considering I was still at the Jack-in-the-Box drive-thru on 291 at 8:40.

Lou.
    04 Stumpjumper FSR Pro
    Airborne Ti HT
    Trek Rigid SS - No suspension, no gears....no problem