Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

PAS Holiday Party and Public meeting

Want to have some fun, in a cool place, hear a quick summary about plans for next year, and have a chance to give some people your feedback? Here you go!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PAS Holiday Party and Public meeting-holiday-party-10-650.jpg  

banned
    PAS is fabulous, everyone should go and have such a wonderful time.
    Last edited by bus_142; 12-01-2010 at 09:40 AM.

mtbr member
    bus- I know you're trolling and I could be quoted as saying that the lack of common courtesy in our culture is a big part of why nothing ever gets accomplished, so all I'm going to say in direct response is why don't you come to the event and find out?

mtbr member
    In the future will any PAS meeting be held in a venue that does not serve alcohol?
    mike

mtbr member
    Mike- that's a fair question and I will ask the board. LAB did donate this space that normally rents for many dollars, so we certainly were not going to say no.

FWIW- PAS does not provide alcohol at these events, feeling that using our membership/donor $ to purchase and provide alcohol is inappropriate. Appetizers and other light foods will be provided while supplies last. Individuals can use their own $ to purchase alcohol as they see fit....and I will acknowledge that when businesses have been willing to donate adult beverages to PAS in the past, we have not said no.

banned
    Last edited by bus_142; 12-01-2010 at 09:39 AM.

banned

... and if we just ... Bring the heat

Wow I was waiting for the day to warm up to work outside and the heat got turned on in here Man you got owned MB.

mtbr member
    Randy- what on earth about my reply is pompous? How does your jest help things get accomplished and move forward? Do you understand that I'm just the board member who happens to use mtbr and put this up here so more people could be informed- that I in no way "define" how PAS operates? Do you understand that all your jesting does is cause those of us who are spending our free time to try and volunteer to do some good a ton of stress and make us less motivated to get stuff done?

A lot of debate has occured on the PAS board about if we should even bother using mtbr as an information sharing forum. I and some others have been strongly in favor of it as I think we need to be doing everything we can to keep the riding public informed. A few board members have been strongly opposed because of exactly the kind of posts you make. Well, I can see where those board members are coming from. Everytime I or anybody else posts up here we get some kind of flak no matter what we try to do. I'm a volunteer who doesn't need to put up with this. If this garbage continues, I'll just stop trying to inform people about what's going on via this forum and ask the mod to remove this thread.
    Way to go.

These statements are mine only and in no way represent PAS as an organization.

Jamin, Applesause, No?
    MB, bus and moto, I agree with all of you, but some agreeing is more agreeable then others.

"Ride Lots" Eddy Merckx
    Quote Originally Posted by bus_142
    mike, thanks for your infinite dry wisdom.....as usual. Maybe if you took a less paumpous attitude,.
    Well at least I now know you have no clue...Mike Brown pompous?! That's a good one.

and yes, spelling counts!
    "Big Gulps huh?...Allllriggghhht....Welp, See ya later!"

banned
    Last edited by bus_142; 12-01-2010 at 09:39 AM.

banned
    Last edited by bus_142; 12-01-2010 at 09:38 AM.

mtbr member
    Y'all please consider ignoring the rubbish that has polluted this intended to be informational post and come on out to the party/new year kick off. PAS really does want people to know that we're getting ready to have a much more productive 2011 and what the opportunities to be involved will be- plus it should be fun!

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Brown
    Y'all please consider ignoring the rubbish that has polluted this intended to be informational post and come on out to the party/new year kick off. PAS really does want people to know that we're getting ready to have a much more productive 2011 and what the opportunities to be involved will be- plus it should be fun!
    feel better?

pronounced may-duh
    Thanks for posting this on MTBR. I have the party on my calender and I hope to be there to support PAS and have a good time with fellow riders. I'm very excited about the new trips of kids program and it's nice to see PAS throwing some support behind that. Lastly, it gives me an excuse to check out the LAB. I've only been once and only tasted 2 of their beers. As a beer guy I'm excited to spend some extra time there and check out the full range of offerings. Win Win Win!

pronounced may-duh
    A lot of debate has occurred on the PAS board about if we should even bother using mtbr as an information sharing forum. I and some others have been strongly in favor of it as I think we need to be doing everything we can to keep the riding public informed. A few board members have been strongly opposed because of exactly the kind of posts you make. Well, I can see where those board members are coming from. Every time I or anybody else posts up here we get some kind of flak no matter what we try to do. I'm a volunteer who doesn't need to put up with this. If this garbage continues, I'll just stop trying to inform people about what's going on via this forum and ask the mod to remove this thread.
    Way to go.

These statements are mine only and in no way represent PAS as an organization.
    This is really unfortunate. Especially, since I think MTBR users are some of the most educated and involved in the mtn bike community. In many ways MTBR represents the mtn bike community and that is certainly a common goal of PAS. I think it would be a huge mistake for PAS to ignore MTBR. If PAS people feel turned off by the reception on MTBR then we have a problem. And if we have a problem then we need to fix it. I think this may be a case where a vocal minority has upstaged those who support PAS. If you support PAS then make it know here on MTBR. There are a ton of PAS supporters lurking out there. It's time to stand up and be heard. Don't let the trolls control MTBR.

mtbr member
    The trolling on MTBR has always been ridiculous. I appreciate you posting the info and putting up with it, as I would'nt know about the meeting otherwise. I'm interested to learn what the plans and opportunities for '11 are, and will try to be there.

Also, I'm sure those of us who are actually interested will know which posts to ignore and will wait until after the meeting to form any opinions.

Thanks,

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maida7
    This is really unfortunate. Especially, since I think MTBR users are some of the most educated and involved in the mtn bike community. In many ways MTBR represents the mtn bike community and that is certainly a common goal of PAS. I think it would be a huge mistake for PAS to ignore MTBR. If PAS people feel turned off by the reception on MTBR then we have a problem. And if we have a problem then we need to fix it. I think this may be a case where a vocal minority has upstaged those who support PAS. If you support PAS then make it know here on MTBR. There are a ton of PAS supporters lurking out there. It's time to stand up and be heard. Don't let the trolls control MTBR.
    I am a proud supporter of PAS. Haters be damn! PAS is trying to do the best it can dealing with all the BS of the USFS as well as trying to educate the public about what has happened over the last 8 months. Remember everything we do is VOLUNTARY. I don't get a dime for anything I give to PAS neither does Mike or any of the other great people who would only like to see MTB in WNC flourish and be sustainable. Like Mike I recognize that there are some highly motivated and caring folks on MTBR that PAS needs to connect with. There is always the risk of haters but I feel like they could even be convinced that giving back to the trails they love is a worthy cause. Then there are those that just hate. They don't get it and never will. Again you know who you are. Computer anonymity makes everyone, me included at times, fearless and bullet proof.

Love me some LAB. I will definitely be there. Oh yeah I VOLUNTEERED to work there so I have to be there but it will be with a really good local craft beer in hand and chatting it up with some really great people. Greg Leister

Thread Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by Snototter
    Computer anonymity makes everyone, me included at times, fearless and bullet proof.
    Now I have these images of you tearing off your shirt to expose the big S on your chest. Thanks Greg. Or should I call you Clark?

banned
    bus_142 provided more interest in this thread than the OP could have dreamed of, 4x the people will know of the party now! And it will provide another topic to discuss at the party.
    Once again MTBR provides me some great entertainment

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by motobutane
    bus_142 provided more interest in this thread than the OP could have dreamed of, 4x the people will know of the party now! And it will provide another topic to discuss at the party.
    Once again MTBR provides me some great entertainment
    and I didn't get a single thank-you for VOLUNTEERING my time. I mean REALLY, all this crap because I asked if PAS was still around and when the next dirty thursday was. You would think that PAS was trying to keep the whole dirty thursday incident on the downlow. How dare someone make light of the contributions that PAS has made. Everyone here REALLY appreciates all of your hard work on our trails.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I support PAS and the crap they have to put up with so literally thousands of people can have fun riding their bikes.

It's not easy, running a volunteer organization, in spare time. My hats off to you all!!

See you at the party.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    PAS, I respect.

Trolls, not so much.

Tim

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sjanes
    I support PAS and the crap they have to put up with so literally thousands of people can have fun riding their bikes.

It's not easy, running a volunteer organization, in spare time. My hats off to you all!!

See you at the party.
    what do they put up with?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderSupertramp1969
    what do they put up with?

Maybe stuff like this...

...and this

Over and over and over....
    "Blind acceptance is a sign, of stupid fools who stand in line."
    -Sex Pistols

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast